Thursday, January 19, 2012

Touch Gloves

Have you heard of touch gloves? They are a fairly new hot item for me.  Touch gloves are basically gloves that you can wear with either a hole in the pointer finger or a rubberized tip of the pointer finger.  The goal is to help someone with a smart phone to text or surf the net while still keeping the rest of their hands warm.  These gloves are better than regular gloves, because they don’t slip on the screen of the phone and you don’t have to take your gloves off to type.
unnamed
When I first saw these at Target a few months ago, I literally *laughed-out-loud*.  How obsessed is our culture with connection that we can’t even wait to get inside before we respond to a text?! I mean if you’re wearing gloves in the first place then it is obviously cold outside so you’re not going to be hanging out there for too long anyways.  Our desire for connection is hilarious to me.  However, I got a pair of these gloves for Christmas.  I have to say, that as much as I laughed at these in the store, I laughed soooo much more when I opened the gift.  Mine look like mittens, and there is a flap that uncovers my fingers and the flap buttons on the top of my hand.13634257
All that being said, I used my gloves for the first time on Monday. 
I’m hooked
They are fabulously useful and a definite necessary phone accessory (apparently I am way more obsessed with my phone than I initially thought- so guilty).  Not that I need another pair, but here are 2 of my favorites.354018_xxx_1_113720956
Aren’t they so cute.  Do you have a pair of touch gloves? Don’t you want a pair now?

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

Those are so cool! I definitely need some now. :)

Heather said...

I don't think mine are the same brand, but I do have some! And they're awesome. :)

sherri lynn said...

These are so funny but I am sure so many people definitely use them a lot! These are really cute too!

-Crystal said...

I got some touch gloves for Christmas, and I love them!

My Life as A Plate said...

Amazing! I would love a pair for the winter. Too cute! Thanks for sharing.

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

I like how cute they are! You would think they wouldn't be so cute because they're so practical :)

Jen said...

I don't own these, but I'd love a pair! They would be incredibly useful!

Meggan of Lila Grace said...

This is such a great idea! I hate having to take gloves off to operate my phone or iPad!

Crystal said...

I have only seen he ones with the tips of he fingers cut out. I am totally going to get a pair of these! I also thought I wasnt that addicted to my phone, but it drove me crazy trying to use it wearing regular gloves last week! ;)

Lauren Chestnutt Coburn said...

i have a pair of these and i love themmm! :o)

Erin Reissig said...

I laughed when I saw these in Kohls the other day... Then I got my smart phone and I'm contemplating getting a pair. Figures.

sarah@totalbassetcase.com said...

I JUST got a pair of convertible gloves and I kinda love them already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover