Monday, January 23, 2012

4 Years :-)

In addition to Christmas, my birthday, & Phil’s birthday, we also celebrated our 4-year anniversary over the Christmas break.  Clearly, there was a lot of celebrating going on during that week!  Since we had a long drive between Phil’s family & my family, we decided that for the first time we would take a couple days for ourselves on vacation and go somewhere for just us.  We went to Philadelphia.  This happened to be my first visit to Philly, & for all the negative stereotypes I had heard, I was pleasantly surprised.  I thought Philly was gorgeous.  The architecture was so old & beautiful, and the people were exceptionally friendly.  Phil & I thoroughly enjoyed our time there.
We stayed at the gorgeous Bellevue downtown.  This hotel was stunning! It’s clear why so many people choose to get married here.Bellevue- Outside 2Bellevue- Outside
Inside the hotel, the Christmas decorations were still up, & you know that I just couldn’t resist getting some pictures.DSC06289DSC06290DSC_0327
We went to McGillin’s for dinner one night & got to sit by the fire.  It was absolutely perfect, especially because it was cold & rainy that night.DSC06293
Like I said, the architecture in Philly was so historic & the European influence was extremely evident (something we don’t have much of amidst the stucco in Houston- yuck!)DSC_0333DSC_0335DSC_0370We also ventured to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, which if you’re a fan, you will recognize as the stairs Sylvester Stallone runs up in Rocky.  Of course, we had to run up the stairs too!DSC_0352DSC06302DSC06304DSC06306
Have you ever been to Philly? What did you think?

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

If we move to PA, I can't wait to visit Philly! Looks wonderful!

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Happy (belated) anniversary! I adore Philly- my BFF lives there & I am always so excited to see her and explore the town. Great meeting you yesterday!

sherri lynn said...

I've never been to Philly but have always wanted to go! Your pictures are all so good! That hotel is GORGEOUS! What a fun way to celebrate 4 years :)

Becca Christensen said...

LOVE the photos!

Also, I mailed you book via Amazon on Thursday morning so it should get there soon!

Love,
B

Heather said...

The hotel is GORGEOUS! Happy anniversary!

tara said...

That hotel is so pretty!!!! Happy anniversary! :)

Jen said...

How fun that you celebrated in Philly! I was born in the city of Philly and then lived outside the city from 2-10 years old. After college, the man and I lived 20 mins outside of Philly. It is such a fantastic place & I miss it now!

Meg {henninglove} said...

congrats on 4 years together you two!! philly looks like a fun city one i hope to visit at some point! wishing you two many many more years of happiness

Danie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

Great pictures!!! Sounds like an awesome trip!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Love you did the rocky climb!! Looks like a lovely trip!

navy and orange said...

great photos!

xoxo navy & orange

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover