Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: Surround Sound

This is how it all started:
Phil: “I got you a present”

Darby: “Oh you did?!” (insert HUGE goofy grin)

Phil: “You’re going to love it”

Darby: “oooo I am? What is it? And what for?”

Phil: “Surround Sound, and just because”

<long pause>

Darby: “Is that a gift for me or a gift for you?

Laugh-Out-Loud! Yes, my husband got me surround sound. This is not normally a gift I would choose, or even really consider for myself. Typically I’m a jewelry and shoes kind of gal, and fortunately my hubby has fantastic taste in these areas. So I was a little shocked when this gift was presented to me.   Phil purchased and installed the system himself back in May; he is so handy, I think I’ll keep him ;-) 

One day when I came home, the huge box was sitting by the door.  Who doesn't love big boxes?!DSC04921
See, some guys DO read the instructions ;-)DSC04925
Pulling out some of the speakers.DSC04924
Destroying the house with wires…..everywhere while the system was being installed.  You can't even see the wires now.DSC04928DSC04949

Needless to say, NOW I CAN HEAR!!!

To be honest, I didn’t really pay that much attention to the new sound system, until NFL preseason started back just because that’s pretty much all I watch.  Now, let me tell you, I’m in heaven!  Now I can clearly see hear why I did, in fact, NEED this gift. We have 6 speakers around our living room catching every single sound from the field.  I had no idea how much sound I was actually missing before.

I love it!  Thanks babe for a wonderful gift, even if it might have been a gift for you too ;-)

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is awesome I really want surround sound too!

Lindsay said...

That is so fun! And yes, it is definitely a gift for your husband as well. :) Enjoy your new toy!

sherri lynn said...

haha I love that he surprised you with this! Presents that you both love are always the best! :)

Camylla Leonardi said...

bahahahha I'm sorry to tell you this, but it was deff a gift for himself!! but its cute that he said it was for you hoping youd believe him! men are funny!!


simplycamylla.blogspot.com
Happy Wednesday <3

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

LOL...Gift for you...uh huh, sure :) We have 2 surround sound sets and we use them...never. At least your hubby was thinking of you while he was making such a purchase :)

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

I'm totally scared looking at all those wires.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Surround sound does make a difference! We have some and one time we were watching a movie and the apartment security guard came to tell is we were creating a disturbance!! Glad you are enjoying your experience!

Vicki ~ The Green Eyed Girl said...

It looks like you love your Steelers as much as we love our Cowboys... just so you know... the Steelers are our 2nd favorite team...lol...

Louisa Hemstreet said...

What a lovely gift! This is definitely a great gift for NFL fans. I have an audio room at home because I’m an avid music lover. I have surround speakers as well, which makes the experience really special because it feels like I’m listening to a live performance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover