Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: September Apples

Basket of Apples
I was reading my buddy Martha’s September issue when I ran across something I had to share with you.  A Florida State University study reported that women who ate apples daily for a year dropped LDL (bad) cholesterol by 23% and shed 3 lbs.  Wahooo!!Considering that it’s officially apple season I thought I would try to inspire you with ways to incorporate apples into not only your diet, but also your decorating and treat time :-) 
To find your local apple orchard, visit pickyourown.org.Apple car
xoxo Darby

7 comments :

Shannon Boyer said...

oh the apple pie in the apple looks delicious! That just might be on my next party list :)

sherri lynn said...

I loved that stat in MSL! Also in I think Real Simple I read that the skin in Red Delicious apples is way healthier than other varieties. I love all the apple ideas - especially the apple pie in an apple!

Jen said...

Yum! I love fresh orchard apples -- especially for apple crisps and baked apples! Great roundup of apple ideas!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

all super delicious...apples are one of my favorites too so this is great news!

Joy said...

Apple chips looks and sounds yum! I love Apple Juice, but we all know it's full of sugar! LOL And I love the apple candles.

Lindsay said...

Just looking at all these pics gets me excited for fall. I am so ready for cooler weather, pots of soup on the stove top & apple smelling candles. :)

Christa said...

how creative and fun! my mom's kitchen is decorated in apples she would love this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...