Friday, July 1, 2011

Small Paws

When Kellyn, my sister, arrived in Houston in early June, we had only been a dog family for 2 days and were definitely still trying to figure things out.  No matter how long it took us to get a schedule, we knew that Tomlin was going to grow and fast.  We wanted to always remember how little she was when we first got her though.  (And I guess if I’m going to be cheesy, I’ll be really cheesy)  So we decided to commemorate the transition into the pet family world with our new pup.  Kellyn and I made a stepping stone with Tomlin’s paw prints.

Mixing the cement and laying it flat into a moldDSC05330DSC05331DSC05334

Using rocks, Kellyn wrote out Tomlin’s name.DSC05335

We waited until Tomlin was a little sleepy so that we could stick her paws into the cement and she wouldn’t notice.  She noticed though!DSC05342

We then used a stamp to make a dog bone border.DSC05344

Now that it is dry, here is the finish product.  DSC05365

We sure do love those growing paws, and I love craft projects with my sister!  Miss you Kel, we’re ready for you to come back already!

xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...