Friday, July 1, 2011

Small Paws

When Kellyn, my sister, arrived in Houston in early June, we had only been a dog family for 2 days and were definitely still trying to figure things out.  No matter how long it took us to get a schedule, we knew that Tomlin was going to grow and fast.  We wanted to always remember how little she was when we first got her though.  (And I guess if I’m going to be cheesy, I’ll be really cheesy)  So we decided to commemorate the transition into the pet family world with our new pup.  Kellyn and I made a stepping stone with Tomlin’s paw prints.

Mixing the cement and laying it flat into a moldDSC05330DSC05331DSC05334

Using rocks, Kellyn wrote out Tomlin’s name.DSC05335

We waited until Tomlin was a little sleepy so that we could stick her paws into the cement and she wouldn’t notice.  She noticed though!DSC05342

We then used a stamp to make a dog bone border.DSC05344

Now that it is dry, here is the finish product.  DSC05365

We sure do love those growing paws, and I love craft projects with my sister!  Miss you Kel, we’re ready for you to come back already!

xoxo Darby

10 comments :

Joy said...

Precious! If you REALLY want to be "cheesy" trace her paw and sign her name in the middle of it when sending cards. Of course, Marleigh sends out her own cards with her "special" signature and the year on them. =)

erin.patrice said...

Cute cute cute idea!

Danie said...

You KNOW I love this =)!!!!

Danie said...

Oh--- and my doggie babies also "sign" cards for certain members of the family ;)...the ones that consider them just as much family as any human is :)!

Sarah@everydayeasy said...

i love this! glad i'm not the only one who spoils my pup :)

Morgan said...

this is adorable. :-) what do you plan to do with it- place it in a garden or keep it in the house?

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Omg this is awesome:-)

Ash said...

Super cute craft project - love it!!

Sarah@totalbassetcase said...

This is too cute and definitely being added to my 'to do crafts' list! Where did you get the mold?

Kellyn Fleming said...

Had a blast making this! Don't forget to write the year on the back! haha I am so glad it turned out so good! Can't wait to do another craft!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...