Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Little Peep’s Nursery Reveal

I think I have received more emails and comments about Little Peep’s nursery than any other blog topic.  I really thought that today I would be sharing some DIY projects with you, but those will have to wait because I don’t want to tease you with black and white pictures anymore.  So today is the big reveal! 

I always thought I would have a black and yellow nursery, but like most things in my life, my plan gets derailed.  Last summer when we were still struggling to conceive, I was devastated every time I walked into the office because it was a tractor themed nursery before we moved in and I felt like it just taunted me with the thoughts of what I thought I would never have.  One weekend, I had had it and we had to paint immediately, so the Mr. and I painted it mint and white with coral accents (a super girlie office for me), and a couple weeks later when I was about to post the pictures here for you of the finished office, we found out we were expectingThank you Lord for teaching me again that your plan and timing is always better than mine!  Needless to say I was not going to pay to paint all over again, so these were the colors we were going with.  I have to say that even though this was not what I had expected or planned for, I really do like the peaceful feeling in the nursery.  I don’t really have a theme (like animals or trucks), but I did have a peaceful, shabby chic and burlap vibe I was shooting for.  This nursery I think is pretty gender neutral in case the Lord decides to bless us with another baby.
Okay, so this is what the nursery started out looking like when we moved in a couple years ago; a nice mural of the Houston skyline with a tractor theme…..just not very Darby.DSC_0289-2Before Nursery details

And here is the new nursery that is awaiting our sweet Little Peep:DSC_0361-2DSC_0353DSC_0357Little Peep Nursery- 2DSC_0448-2Little Peep Nursery- 1Little Peep Nursery- 6Pslam 91-4DSC_0363-2Little Peep Nursery- 7Little Peep Nursery- 3Little Peep Nursery- 5DSC_0375-2DSC_0376DSC_0377DSC_0351DSC_0383DSC_0384-2DSC_0387DSC_0389

Where it all came from:
Paint- Cool Gray by Valspar & Serendipity by Olympic
Glider & ottoman
Graco Lauren Convertible Crib with Mattress in White
Table Lamp on Book Shelf
Table Lamp on Window Seat Cabinet
Curtains- I purchased 4 panels of one size & hemmed them myself because I wanted them to be long
Crib Bedding
Floating shelves- I purchased in white & painted it the same color as the stripes
Picture frames- this model in various sizes in white & gray
Curtain rods and accessories
Closet Dividers
Faux Sheep Skin Area Rug
Felt Balls
Mirror- I purchased in brown and painted it the same color as the stripes
Faux Deer with Gold Antlers
Toy basket
Glider blanket
Baskets in the closet- Ross
Hamper in the closet- Marshall’s
Pillows on the window seat and cushion covers were all hand-made
Book Shelf- purchased at an antique show
*If I forgot something on this list please feel free to ask me :-)
xoxo Darby

18 comments :

Lauren said...

Darby! It is so stinking adorable! You have such a great knack for this. Love the changing pad on the built-ins, the colors, and the grown up apothecary jars with baby stuff in them! It looks fantastic - what a lucky baby to have such a cute place to live!

Lindsey said...

Love love love everything about it!! Those built-ins are to die for!! So perfect for a nursery! Congrats again on your little man! I can't wait to see pics of him when he arrives! Enjoy the final week :-)

Meg O. said...

Darby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!! It is so adorable and totally not too baby-ish! He will grow into it great!

Nadine Lynn said...

Oh, Darby!!! This is HANDS DOWN the sweetest, cutest nursery that I have EVER seen!!!! Everything is so perfect! The attention to little details is amazing. What a special space to welcome your little peep :)

Lindsey Nicole said...

You are officially hired to do my future (non-existent at this point) baby's room! lol It's so sweet and you guys did such a beautiful job!!

Lady Pair said...

AWWW!!! <3 Its sooo cute! I can't wait to meet little peep! :)

Miss MP said...

It's perfect! I love the stripped walls and the little blocks in the glass vases. Y'all did a great job.

Emily said...

It's beautiful. 😊

Lauren W said...

I love how your nursery turned out! You guys did such a great job with it. I think the striped wall may be my favorite! :)

Brooke @ Pieces of the Reese Life said...

Ahhhhhhh seriously it's beautiful!!!! I love it so much' I have seen the pacifier in a jar thing and love it beyond! So excited for you!!
XO

Joy said...

His room is perfect for him, and it goes great with the rest of the house! Can't wait to see him in that sweet crib!

Jessica K said...

I love it! I have a thing for stripes!! I love the mint in there. So relaxing, and calming! Hopefully lots of naps and good sleeps will happen in there for little man! You did an awesome job momma! Love the pups on the wall too! Super sweet!

Mia Eliza said...

I love it! It's perfect. And what you're using as a changing table is just genius!

I still need to post mine. One of these days... Lol

Kellyn Fleming said...

I love it! What a transformation! It seems so tranquil in there. I love the colors, the lighting, and the built-in window seat! The fabrics and textures play off of each other just perfectly! It seems peaceful in there now but I can wait for the excitement of a growing baby boy to make that room his own! Very well done and I can't wait to see the posts about all the DIY projects. You know one of my favorites is the framed bible verse! :)

Jessica said...

Ahhhh!!! It is so beautiful! I was out of town when you posted this, then I saw the link to it today when I was catching up on your bumpdate! I love it! You did such a gorgeous job!! He will love it in there :)

The Cavallaro's said...

ommmmmg I am OBSESSED with it!!!! It turned out soo beautifully!!!!

Jennifer W said...

Beautiful!! The Steelers clothing is my favorite :).

Dante Storey said...

You’re very talented for transforming a tractor-themed room to something with a peaceful design. The color of the wall and furniture adds up beautifully and creates a cheerful environment. I’m sure your little bundle of joy will have a great time with all of you in this room.

Dante Storey @ The Healthy Bed Store

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...