Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Little Peep’s Nursery Reveal

I think I have received more emails and comments about Little Peep’s nursery than any other blog topic.  I really thought that today I would be sharing some DIY projects with you, but those will have to wait because I don’t want to tease you with black and white pictures anymore.  So today is the big reveal! 

I always thought I would have a black and yellow nursery, but like most things in my life, my plan gets derailed.  Last summer when we were still struggling to conceive, I was devastated every time I walked into the office because it was a tractor themed nursery before we moved in and I felt like it just taunted me with the thoughts of what I thought I would never have.  One weekend, I had had it and we had to paint immediately, so the Mr. and I painted it mint and white with coral accents (a super girlie office for me), and a couple weeks later when I was about to post the pictures here for you of the finished office, we found out we were expectingThank you Lord for teaching me again that your plan and timing is always better than mine!  Needless to say I was not going to pay to paint all over again, so these were the colors we were going with.  I have to say that even though this was not what I had expected or planned for, I really do like the peaceful feeling in the nursery.  I don’t really have a theme (like animals or trucks), but I did have a peaceful, shabby chic and burlap vibe I was shooting for.  This nursery I think is pretty gender neutral in case the Lord decides to bless us with another baby.
Okay, so this is what the nursery started out looking like when we moved in a couple years ago; a nice mural of the Houston skyline with a tractor theme…..just not very Darby.DSC_0289-2Before Nursery details

And here is the new nursery that is awaiting our sweet Little Peep:DSC_0361-2DSC_0353DSC_0357Little Peep Nursery- 2DSC_0448-2Little Peep Nursery- 1Little Peep Nursery- 6Pslam 91-4DSC_0363-2Little Peep Nursery- 7Little Peep Nursery- 3Little Peep Nursery- 5DSC_0375-2DSC_0376DSC_0377DSC_0351DSC_0383DSC_0384-2DSC_0387DSC_0389

Where it all came from:
Paint- Cool Gray by Valspar & Serendipity by Olympic
Glider & ottoman
Graco Lauren Convertible Crib with Mattress in White
Table Lamp on Book Shelf
Table Lamp on Window Seat Cabinet
Curtains- I purchased 4 panels of one size & hemmed them myself because I wanted them to be long
Crib Bedding
Floating shelves- I purchased in white & painted it the same color as the stripes
Picture frames- this model in various sizes in white & gray
Curtain rods and accessories
Closet Dividers
Faux Sheep Skin Area Rug
Felt Balls
Mirror- I purchased in brown and painted it the same color as the stripes
Faux Deer with Gold Antlers
Toy basket
Glider blanket
Baskets in the closet- Ross
Hamper in the closet- Marshall’s
Pillows on the window seat and cushion covers were all hand-made
Book Shelf- purchased at an antique show
*If I forgot something on this list please feel free to ask me :-)
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...