Friday, April 25, 2014

Little Peep Bumpdate {34 weeks}

34 weeks collageDate: 4/16/14
How far along: 34 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: Butternut squash (It's been a few weeks since Little Peep was the size of a fruit that I recognize!)
Developmental milestones: Little Peep can recognize specific songs and stories now in the womb that will be soothing devises once he is born (there was a really neat study conducted on this using Dr. Seuss books; fabulous study!).  Little Peep is also urinating about a pint a day now.  His central nervous system & lungs are maturing this week.
Maternity clothes: Yep :-)
Weight gain: 26.5 lbs
Stretch Marks: Yep, and I sure am proud of those little kisses from heaven
Sleep: I am easily tired throughout the day.  It takes a lot of cognitive effort to focus, despite sleeping like a baby at night.
Best moment of the week: Daddy got his pertussis shot to get ready for Little Peep’s arrival this week.  We also has a lovely Easter together; it was a wonderful and relaxing three day weekend filled with eating out and vegging out (my favorite kind of weekend!).  I have a feeling that was the last one of those for a long, long time.
Movement: YES!  On Easter this little boy was dancing all day long and I was just singing praises for each time he let me know he was there.  The Mr. and I were watching a movie and we felt a distinct foot poking out on my upper right abdomen.  We started touching it and he moved it (ticklish maybe?) and so we followed his foot and kept rubbing it.  It didn't look like a foot on my skin, but it certainly felt like it.  Every time the Mr. has his hand on my tummy and Little Peep kicks, his face just lights up with pure amazement.  I will never tire of that facial expression of his :-)
Cravings: Strawberries and sandwiches
Gender: A little boy!!!
Belly button in or out: Still sportin’ my “flattie”
Wedding ring: It's mostly on but since it has been heating up, in the afternoons my hands are starting to swell.  Over the weekend when we were spending a lot of time outside, the tip of my finger was turning a weird shade of purple-red so I took it off just because I was scared we'd end up with a trip to the ER to get it cut off.  It’s back on now though since I’m mostly inside during the week.
Anything making you queasy/sick: Nope
What I miss: I actually miss having the energy to cook for my husband in the evenings.  By the middle of the day I am so worn out that making anything besides a sandwich and salad for us to eat seems like climbing Mount Everest.  Since I really do enjoy cooking I will be looking forward to cooking again for our family of three :-)
What I’m looking forward to: My doctors appointment next week :-)
Labor signs: I’ve got lots of pressure in the downtown region but nothing painful
Symptoms:  Little Peep has really dropped low into my pelvis now which has made breathing so much easier, but has also added several more trips to the bathroom a day.  I’m totally okay with this because it means he is working on getting ready for his birth day.
Nursery: Done, and I can’t wait to add the final piece, Little Peep, to complete the room :-)
Emotions: I know this probably sounds really weird considering how much has changed in the past 8.5 months: our finances are different, my clothes are different, my work days are different, my thoughts are different, my house looks different, my car looks different, my trips to the bathroom are way more frequent, my nightstand holds different books, I have visited the doctor more in the past 3 months than I have in the last 6 years all together, my conversation and day dreams are different, my Google searches are different.....yet when I catch myself in the mirror I'm still shocked to see a big belly in front of me. This pregnancy still has that glistening feeling of blessedness and the entire experience feels so surreal.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...