Friday, February 22, 2013

Whatchamacall-it Cookies

From the Kitchen of Darby Hawley
The Mr calls them Dog Food Cookies.
I call them Drop Cookies.
Others call them No-Bake Cookies.
Does it matter what you call them?
No way!
They’re delicious and the name just doesn’t matter!

The Mr and I had a craving for these whatchamacall-it cookies one night at 11:30pm.  Not a problem because we’ve always got the minimal ingredients on hand and they don’t even need to bake.  Fast and Sweet Cookies is what they should be called.

I posted that I was making these cookies on twitter and the recipe was requested, so here is the first recipe tutorial from the new kitchen!DSC_0059-2
Bring 2 cups sugar, 1 stick unsalted butter, 1/4 cup cocoa, and 3/4 cup milk to a boil; stirring frequently.
After boiling for a minute, mix in 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter, 3 cups quick oats, and 2 tbs vanilla.Collage 1

Line the counter top with aluminum foil and plop cookies on the foil. Collage 2
If you can wait, let them cool...but to be honest I love them hot best.
But I also like them cold in the fridge....
And if I’m being really honest, I also like them for breakfast the next day lol
.......Oh who am I kidding?! I like them every way
Drop Cookies
Have you had these cookies before? What do you call them?
Linking up with:
Home Stories A2Z
and linking up at Liz Marie's Hop To It Party
xoxo Darby

15 comments :

Meg O. said...

Yummy!!! Gimme!

Joy said...

So Terry LOVES Whatchamacallit candy bars! Ha! Looks like I'll be needing to make these SOON!!! Happy Friday DARBS!!!! Kiss the babies for me! And tell Roo — I WUB HIM TOO!! =)

Joy said...

So Terry LOVES Whatchamacallit candy bars! Ha! Looks like I'll be needing to make these SOON!!! Happy Friday DARBS!!!! Kiss the babies for me! And tell Roo — I WUB HIM TOO!! =)

Miss MP said...

Those look so yummy. Going to save the recipe for when I can eat carbs again.

Bri Buzali said...

mmmm those look so good! and I'm still loving all the labels you created to organize your kitchen, super cute!

Susan Fleming said...

Preacher cookies and raisins are a great addition

Susan Fleming said...

Preacher cookies and raisins are a great addition

King Amy said...

Hey Darby -- Was fun meeting you last night! Hope to see you at something soon again, Amy

p.s. you're making me want cookies!!

DaisyGirl said...

You're right...the name doesn't matter!! People can call them whatever they want....they're too good to worry over a name. hehe!!!

Jessica K said...

I haven't had those in years, but now I want some!!
I make those no-bake energy bites. Almost same ingredients, just no heating at all! Looks yummy!

Whitney said...

My mom makes these every Christmas! We just call them "Chocolate Oatmeal cookies" hah!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

That looks so delicious!!

Tara said...

SO trying these! Thanks for posting ;)

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darlyce said...

We just call them no bake cookies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...