Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What I’m Loving Wednesday: Mr. Rooney

Warning: Please forgive me now, because I’m about to clobber you with puppy pictures; I just can’t help myself.  I was emptying my camera & realized that y’all were in serious need of a photo dump.  So here is an update on my sweet little boy (Yes, I’m aware that I speak of him as if he were my child; don’t hate).

In case you’re new around these parts of blogland, Phil and I got Rooney in January.  He was rescued from a horrid situation, and was 4 pounds (Check out his story more here).  We LOVE being his puppy-parents.  I wanted to update you on how the little guy is doing these days.

Rooney is very mild tempered; he just goes with the flow and is always happy.  He would rather snuggle than play.  Tomlin loves to snuggle when she is sleepy, but Rooney has it on his agenda all day long, everyday.

He is growing very quickly.  When we first brought Rooney home we had a hard time getting him to maintain his weight (since he was abused & VERY ill).  As soon as we got the little guy healthy (many thanks to the weekly trips to the vet for about 2 months) he is now a whopping 30 lbs!  In just 3 months he gained 26lbs!!!  Tomlin is one year old and 36lbs.  Rooney is only 5 months old and almost has her beat.  I have a feeling he is going to be a pretty big dog.

By the time Rooney was 3 months old he was already house broken and responding to commands; he was a very fast learner.  I like to think that Tomlin was a good leader for him :-) 

Tomlin and Rooney are the best of buds; they do everything together!  We all 4 go the park several times a week and all they want to do is play with each other and most people ask us if they are siblings.  We just love how well they get a long. 
Ok it’s photo time :-)  This was Rooney on one of the first few days he was home (4lbs)DSC_0139DSC_0209-1
Those eyes…..get me every time!DSC_0471DSC_0488DSC_0619
Love :-)DSC_0721
This is a very typical scene in our house: me and the pups passed out on the couch.DSC_0641
This picture was taken a couple weeks ago at the Houston Arboretum.  Rooney is the one on the left (with the bow tie collar).  Look at his size compared to Tomlin!!!DSC_0285
Here is our 5 month old Mr Rooney.  I’m head over heels for this sweet boy :-)DSC_0335
HA!  That update was a lot longer than I had anticipated lol Sorry about that, but thanks for indulging me in a little puppy progress report :-) Hope you have a great Wednesday friends!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...