Monday, April 16, 2012

How to Pray for Your Husband

Morning and happy Monday!  Don’t you just love a fresh clean slate to start the week? Ahhh so refreshing!  This past weekend Phil and I were back at home on the east coast for his brother’s wedding.  It was on the beach and gorgeous; I can’t wait to share the pictures with you.

I’m such a sap and I love weddings; they always get me thinking.  Does that happen to you too? Anyways, I adore Phil and something that I have loved to do since we got married (almost 5 years ago!)  is to pray for Phil.  I schedule time in my morning every day to spend quality time with the Lord praying for Phil.  I pray about everything from helping him to have energy during the day, to being a Godly example of what a husband should be at work.  I have done this since we got married and it truly is my favorite part of the day.

I also keep a prayer journal for Phil.  I write my prayers down for him to see and know that he is being prayed for on daily basis.  For me, this has been an awesome way to capture moments and feelings during our marriage, and for him it is book of comfort to know that his wife schedules special time to pray just for him and focus on serving him.

Stormie Omartian has written some amazing books, two of which are my favorites: The Power of a Praying Wife and The Power of a Praying Husband.  Each book is packed with topics and “power tools” (scriptural references) for ways in which you can pray for your spouse and how it can transform your marriage.  I read both several summers ago (see the review here).  I know that I’m only supposed to read the wife one, but if my husband was going to be reading the other one, I wanted to know what he was going to be reading about.  Anyways, both books are amazing.  One of my favorite aspects about these books is that they are not sequential, meaning that each chapter is a different topic (e.g. finances, career, fatherhood) and you can skip around to the topics that you feel in need of most.  Neat, right?  You’ve got to check these out when you get a chance:
Power of a Praying HusbandPower of a Praying Wife
















So how can you pray for your husband? Oh let me count the ways. If this is new to you, don’t worry; you will catch on quickly. I found this list and thought it was a great way to get you started.
  1. Pray for your husband’s relationship with God
  2. Pray that God would bless your husband
  3. Pray for your husband to be the spiritual leader of your home
  4. Pray for your husband to love you deeply
  5. Pray for your husband to have a heart for his children
  6. Pray for your husband to make wise choices
  7. Pray for your husbands emotional, mental, and physical health
  8. Pray for your husband to prosper at work
  9. Pray for your husband to resist temptation
  10. Pray that YOU will show your husband respect, grace, and kindness
I hope these references help you pray for your husband and that your marriage blossoms as a result.  If there is something I can be praying for you about, please feel free to comment or email me :-)
Have a great week y’all!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...