Friday, August 12, 2011

Side Project

I know this month I’m supposed to be focusing on the hot mess that is our master bedroom.  But while I was out shopping, I saw some great fabric to make a blanket for snuggle time with my pup.  Who can resist snuggle time with a puppy?

This was a simple blanket that took me about 45 minutes to make, and I DON’T even have a sewing machine.  Totally do-able!  I purchased 1/2 yard of Steelers fleece, and a 1/2 yard of black minky dot fleece.  The total cost was $10. 
Yes, with a name like “Tomlin” of course she “needed” this blanket!DSC05617
I made this blanket like you would make a pillow case, and turned the fabric inside out.  I then sewed a simple stich, because I’m definitely not talented in this area, around the edge of 3 sides.
Check out my cute assistant :-) DSC05624
When I had completed 3 sides, I flipped the blanket right-side-out and finished the last side.  And that’s it!
Tomlin liked her new soft blanket so much that she quickly carried it over to the couch and took a nap.DSC05626
Passed out!  Think she likes it?DSC05628
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...