Friday, August 12, 2011

Side Project

I know this month I’m supposed to be focusing on the hot mess that is our master bedroom.  But while I was out shopping, I saw some great fabric to make a blanket for snuggle time with my pup.  Who can resist snuggle time with a puppy?

This was a simple blanket that took me about 45 minutes to make, and I DON’T even have a sewing machine.  Totally do-able!  I purchased 1/2 yard of Steelers fleece, and a 1/2 yard of black minky dot fleece.  The total cost was $10. 
Yes, with a name like “Tomlin” of course she “needed” this blanket!DSC05617
I made this blanket like you would make a pillow case, and turned the fabric inside out.  I then sewed a simple stich, because I’m definitely not talented in this area, around the edge of 3 sides.
Check out my cute assistant :-) DSC05624
When I had completed 3 sides, I flipped the blanket right-side-out and finished the last side.  And that’s it!
Tomlin liked her new soft blanket so much that she quickly carried it over to the couch and took a nap.DSC05626
Passed out!  Think she likes it?DSC05628
xoxo Darby

12 comments :

Erin R said...

brilliant! Ash is about to have a whole mess load of these. He needs kennel blankets like woah! lol

Ash said...

My mom has made us several of these Steelers blankets - always a great fabric choice!

Joy said...

Super cute and yes mam you ARE talented! Sweet Tomlin... I'm home today and wishing I was in Texas so I could snuggle up with her and her new blanket!!

Ashley Smith said...

so cute.. so she carried the blanket to the couch.. adorable

Sarah@everydayeasy said...

very cute! I'm pretty sure Leon would rip that to shreds..

Mel the Crafty Scientist said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your pup's son and your blanket! I totally want to make one like that, but I'm such a chicken and so terrible with fabric and sewing and anything resembling it... but some day! : )

Leah said...

So CUTE!!!!


Luvs

sherri lynn said...

what a cute blanket! i'm impressed with your skills :)

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

How adorable is your pup?! Love the blanket you made. I wish I knew how to sew!

Ty and Whitty said...

nice blanket. and that puppy is adorable. Thank you so much for sharing and linking up to show and share #2.

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Chef in Training said...

love it! Great job!

I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training Tomorrow! Plus there is going to be a fun giveaway too! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Chef in Training said...

Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...