Friday, August 5, 2011

Change Bucket

We’ve been filling this change bucket since we got married.DSC04878

Phil empties his pockets into the bucket and I empty my wallet.  I just don’t like the extra weight in my purse.  My purse is already heavy enough with me carrying everything but the kitchen sink in there.  I figure I don’t need the extra change-weight.  Besides, do people take change any more?  Everything is at least a dollar and most people don’t even carry cash anymore.  So to me there is no need for me to carry change really.

Now that the bucket is full…

1) How much is in there?  Can you guess how much is in there without going over (The Price is Right- style)?Capture

via

2) What should we spend it on?  Though I know this will depend on how much is in there, but what should we be saving for? We could donate it.  We could put it in our savings account.  What other ideas do you have?Buckets_of_Money

via

xoxo Darby

6 comments :

Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

I couldn't even guess the ammount! I'd even be way too high or way too low! I'd want to spend it on something that would feel like an investment, even if I didn't make more money off of it (like a bank cd.) Maybe something for the house. On my research/wish list is the Ooma Telo, which would be a good investment if you still have a landline.

Joy said...

I'm going to say $225 maybe?!? And I say, since it is yours and the hubs "left-over money" — I think you should both treat yourselves to an extravagant date night. Buy new outfits and enjoy a candlelit dinner somewhere on the town. Of course, it really just depends how much is in there. Give me the figure and I and help plan this date! LOL

Danie said...

We have a change bucket too, not quite as big, but we save ours up until our vacations, and we cash it in beforehand, just to have some extra cash to take with us =). Just a suggestion ;)! Maybe we should use ours to fly on over to Dallas to see my brother, and then you can use yours for a road trip there lol ;)!

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

I'm a terrible guesser Maybe $200? : ) My husband and I make it our new years resolution every year to save all our change and we have a giant container full of it. We're planning on putting it towards a vacation.

Sarah@totalbassetcase said...

Im going to guess $300.

Take a vacation!! Or least a fancy weekend trip!

Jennifer said...

No guesses here, but I totally think you should go out to a nice dinner after you count it and exchange it for bills!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...