Friday, August 26, 2011

Coffee Candles

Many of you have asked about how my master bedroom project is coming along.  Thank you so much for checking in on my hot mess of a project!  I’m just about finished and pictures are soon to come.  Don’t worry, you know I will show you all the new details :-)  I will peak your interest by saying that I love e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g about my new closet and bedroom!!!!

For now though, I have a different project I want to share with you.  When I was redoing the master bedroom I had this “brilliant” idea to rearrange the furniture.  (Why do I have to do every project all at the same time?! I annoy myself sometimes!)  Anyways, I moved the wicker furniture out of the solarium (just an overly-fancy word for a glassed-in porch; I have no idea why it needs to be called this), and moved some other wooden furniture onto the porch. 

Here is the empty corner of a sideboard on the porch.  The other side has plants on it.  To fill the blank space on the left side of the sideboard, I had another free project up my sleeve ;-)DSC05807-2
Since our Christmas party last year I have had some decaf (yuck!) coffee beans sitting in the pantry.  Because they’re decaf so old, we have no use for the beans anymore. 

Soooooooo time to clean out the pantry & decorate!

I took two glass vases that I had buried in dust under the wicker furniture sitting around, filled them with the coffee beans, and put a candle in the middle.  DSC05808-2DSC05809-2DSC05811-2
Easy!

Cheap!

Cleaner pantry & vases!

The porch smells so delicious when the sun hits it.  This may be more of a fall decoration, but fall is just around the corner so I think it’s ok to slowly start turning my house into an autumn wonderland.  I mean, it’s insanely hot in Houston still; so cut me some slack and let this gal dream about cooler weather with the sweet smell of warm coffee :-)
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...