Monday, October 30, 2017

Pumpkin Patch 2017

Well just like everyone else on social media, we headed to the pumpkin patch this month. Our kids were just not feeling it this year; I was kind of surprised.  Before going we read books and did activities so I knew they were ready and I thought, of all the years so far, this was going to be the one where they were most excited.  Well, I was wrong.  I'm not sure it if was because we were getting hungry or the 100 degree weather (or both really), but I think we were there for about 15 minutes before the kids were over it all. The Mr. & I ended up picking out our pumpkin for the year and the kids each picked out their own mini squash, and that was it.  I don't know what it is about squash & gourds, but Dutch has wanted one more than a pumpkin every year.  Maybe I should just start there next year?DSC_0190DSC_0195DSC_0197DSC_0198DSC_0200DSC_0201DSC_0206DSC_0215DSC_0225DSC_0229

As we started the tradition last year, we continued to the Houston Audubon afterwards for a little hike. It was great, though really hot.  I don't know if I will ever get used to the Houston heat in the fall.DSC_0241DSC_0251DSC_0253DSC_0259DSC_0260DSC_0262

I am loving this comparison through the years at the Pumpkin Patch!!!

Check out our previous visits to the patch

2014 ~ 2015 ~ 2016Pumpkin Patch through the Years- Life with the Hawleys

Did you head to the pumpkin patch this year?

What did you little ones think of it?

xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...