Friday, October 27, 2017

How to Superhero the Tough Days

Have you heard of a power pose?

It is a real, statistically supported, concept of the mind-body dichotomy.  Did I just get a little too neuroscientist on you? Sorry about that; I can't help it sometimes. What I mean though, is that our brain influences our environment, and our environment influences our brains; they interact.Power Pose- Life with the Hawleys
There is this research that suggests that how you stand can boost your self-confidence.  By standing with your hands on your hips, your chest out, & chin up for 2 minutes, like Superman, you can convey a message of confidence to your brain to help you tackle the major challenges of life. Your body language can impact not only others, but also yourself.  By having the body language of confidence you can perform better on a task & decrease stress; a self-fulfilling prophecy if you will.
.....see it is a real thing ;-)w630_greysanatomyseason11episode1405-1425418117
This is something that I find myself doing a lot lately, & I thought I should pass it along to you.  So before the next test, presentation, meeting with your boss, or argument with your toddler.....power pose it.  Give yourself a moment to physically pose yourself to tackle it.
Remember, we are Superheros!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...