Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Pudding Letters

Morning friends!  I am CONSTANTLY trying to think of new ways to talk about the same thing ALL THE TIME!  In our home classroom we've been working so hard on our letters (recognition, phonics, & handwriting) lately, and I want it to be exciting for Dutch.  I know that I get bored with the same things over and over again, so I don't want Dutch to get bored with learning also, and I just don't want to push worksheets at him all the time.  I never liked that as a kid, and I honestly don't like it now.  I want him to find the learning experience as exciting, engaging, & fun, and so that is the environment I want to cultivate in our home classroom.  In order to do that, I'm constantly trying to think of creative, fun, and affordable ideas to teach the same thing in a new way.  So let me tell you about these fun pudding letters :-)Pudding Letters- Life with the HawleysHawley Homeschool
The first thing you need to do is buy a box of pudding and make it (following the instructions on the box).  After the pudding is made (and chilled) put it into a gallon ziplock bag, making sure to push as much air out at possible.  Next get these letter pages for handwriting practice and laminate them so that you can use them again (and just in case you get pudding on them hehe).  When you're ready for school, put the bag of pudding over the letter pages and let your little one practice writing their letters.  Or Teacher/Mama/Daddy could call out a letter and the student could form the letter in the pudding.  Another thing I did was put the bag of pudding over an alphabet puzzle so Dutch could practice writing the alphabet.DSC_0342DSC_0343DSC_0348DSC_0346DSC_0070DSC_0068
See, isn't that a fun way to practice letters???? Much better than worksheets, right???? Try this at home with your preschooler and let me know what they think :-)
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...