Friday, June 24, 2011

Window Flowers

When my sister was visiting Houston from Virginia in early June, I introduced her to the wonderful world of Hobby Lobby.  IT WAS FANTASTIC!  We spent hours in the store and had a blast coming up with some new ideas for projects.  Since I had been looking to updated the window above our kitchen sink, I took advantage of her input while she was in town. 

I purchased a small container and 4 hydrangeas (one of my current favorite flowers).  The total cost for the project was $5.00!

DSC05286DSC05287

On each stem, I pushed the leaves to the top and snuggled them right underneath the flower.

DSC05348DSC05349DSC05350

I cut off the end of the stem and bent the remaining piece of the stem to a little more than a 45 degree angle.  The angle of the stem held the flowers in place within the container; therefore, no glue was required and I can change up the flowers whenever I want.DSC05352  I put two flowers on each side of the planter.  DSC05353

Here are my hydrangeas in the kitchen window, with my milk jug in the background.  My kitchen is in blue and white and I was going for a fresh countryside look.  What do you think?

DSC05355

9 comments:

erin.patrice said...

SO cute! I love the shabby pots.

Joy said...

LOVE, LOVE!! There is a Hobby Lobby about and hour and a half away and it never fails, if we head to that town — there is going to be a visit and purchase in there. I love it and it makes me feel like I can do anything crafty when I walk in!! =)

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

Love these, the color of the pots is the perfect compliment to the flowers. And are those the white milk jugs I see too? Very cute!

Hug a tree with me said...

newest follower from the hop:) Check me out at http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com whenever you can

Ash said...

So cute :) You have a great eye for this stuff

Grandma Bonnie said...

New Follower from the Finding new Friends. Hope you follow back.
http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

Haylee said...

So crafty Darby! I love the container. I still can't believe you thought Hobby Lobby was just another hardware store!ha! Thank goodness for all those baby shower's so you could discover it!!:)

Chef in Training said...

love these! You have a great blog! I am visiting from the Boost My Blog Friday! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back! thanks so much!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Marianne said...

Hi Darby,
Oh how I wish we had a Hobby Lobby in NJ...those of you who have them always buy the cutest things. I love the color of the pots with the flowers. I'm now following you, thanks so much for following me!
Marianne :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover