The theme for Share-a-thon 2011 was Love God, Love People and it was amazing! What is share-a-thon? It is the annual fund-raiser for the Houston Christian radio station. The station is a non-profit organization, so in order for it to remain on the air and touching lives, it has to raise money. While the station is located in Houston, it is global. I listen to this station all the time, and love starting each day praising the Lord. I play it at my house, in the car, and have it playing in the background of my office, even (especially) when students come to meet with me. I want students to know that I adore the Lord, and I don't just care about their education, but I care about them as individuals and more importantly, their salvation.
This was the second year that I volunteered for the 3-day fund-raiser. I served as a greeter and helped train people on how to take donations over the phone. I always have so much fun and love giving of my time to promote His kingdom. The money raised this year will help:
· being a listening ear for listeners 24/7
· getting the word out about KSBJ so more people can experience life changing music and ministry
· strengthening our community through more prayer stations and an even more intentional in-person and on-line prayer outreach
· expanding NGEN radio to reach more in the NOW generation with today’s hit music
· upgrading and replacing aging equipment so that it’s more efficient and helps reach a wider audience
· presenting even more concerts for families and communities that share the Good News
· expanding the international educational outreach through mentoring, training, and provision of equipment
· providing YOU with ways to be a part of something bigger than yourself by powering a world of good
If you live in Houston (or even if you don’t) and want to donate to the radio station, you still can online. If you don’t live near Houston, I encourage you to find your local stations and see how you can help. The radio is a great way to reach out to people.
“Together, by going back to the basics of loving God and loving people, our prayer is that lives will be changed for Christ… and our Christian family will continue to grow to serve those we love, live and laugh with.” KSBJ