Friday, May 27, 2011

Urban Amazon: Closer to Salsa

I have mentioned in several posts that our urban garden has grown significantly since March.  It’s HUGE! These are the pictures I shared with you a few months ago:DSC04274-2DSC04276-2

Now, I can no longer take a picture from above our plants.  I thought this was supposed to be an urban garden. Oh I was SO wrong. This is the *Amazon* of urban gardens. Check out the jungle growing on our back porch:April 1April 2April 3April 4May 1May 3May 4May 6May 5

Since I’m on a plant kick right now, I thought I’d share some pictures I took of a bouquet of flowers my wonderful husband bought me around Easter time.  These blooms were ginormous! DSC04741DSC04711

I had to put my hand next to a bloom as a scale so that you could get an idea of the true size.  Keep in mind that my hands themselves are pretty small since I’m only 5’3, and the bloom is bigger than my hand!DSC04710

Our goal this spring was to grow our own ingredients for pico de gallo and we’re getting pretty close to homemade (and urban) pico de gallo :-)  How is your summer garden doing? What gardening tips do you have to share?

xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...