Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spring Guests

I will be the first to admit that I am more than behind with telling you about the visitors we’ve had this spring.  I plan on making it up to you in pictures.

In early March Phil’s sister, Joni, and son (our newest nephew), Elijah, came to visit from Alaska.  We had a blast!  Joni and I had time in the kitchen together (isn’t time together in the kitchen with family the best?!), and got some shopping done.  We also got a pedicure that was fabulous.  I secretly plan on luring them back to Houston with a pedicure because I’m sneaky like that.

Elijah may be little and only 9 months old, but he has no fears about eating right off someone else’s plate.  So stand back, the boy can eat!DSC04415

One day Elijah discovered our double french doors to the back porch.  He liked to make faces at us through the glass.  This series of pictures cracks me up every time I see them.  (Sidebar, I promise he wasn’t locked inside by himself when we took these pictures.  In fact the other door was wide open for him to crawl around to us.)

DSC04416DSC04417DSC04418DSC04419DSC04422DSC04423

Elijah and I enjoyed our snuggle time on the couch together.  I seriously *love* this kid!DSC04427

Like uncle, like nephew. Domination of the remote control.DSC04441

At the beginning of April we had a dear friend from college fly in for the Final Four games.  Brett and Phil used to play ball together in college and it was so great to see him back in Houston (especially without a hurricanes this time).  The guys had great seats and spent the weekend enthralled in basketball.  I’ll say they had a fantastic weekend. We can’t wait to see you again Brett!

Ready for the games!DSC04580The guys had great seats!DSC04604DSC04652DSC04666

If you’re ever in Houston, or even near it really, please let us know and we would love to have to over or meet up with you.  We love opening our home to family and friends!

xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...