Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm a researcher and a writer

In case you were wondering what I have been doing since I have been in Texas (occasionally I have wondered this myself)…this is what I have been working on for the past 2 years! I have basically finished the initial portion of my PhD program, and here it is, nicely bound!

When I said that I was writing a lot, I really wasn’t kidding!

For the next couple years, I am continuing my focus on the toxic effects of chronic stress on the brain and body, but will ideally focus more on perfecting the unpredictable nature of the chronic stress paradigm within specific age groups and identifying the specific cell phenotypes generated in various coping strategies to identify the coping strategy which best promotes neurogenesis (the creation of brain cells, neurons). Stay tuned!

xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...