Friday, June 17, 2016

Creamy Dijon Chicken

Y’all, I’ve cooked this dish so much lately that I can make it in my sleep.  No seriously, I DREAM about this dinner.  This chicken is the perfect balance of light and comfort.  Try it out!!!!
Ingredients:
1-2 tbs bacon fat
1 lb chicken- I use tenders, but you can also use thighs
sea salt
ground black pepper
1 onion sliced thinly
3/4 cup white wine- I use sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio
3/4 cup chicken stock- If I don’t have stock I use 1 cup water and 1 chicken bouillon
8 oz. mushrooms, quartered
1/4 cup cream
2-3 tbs Dijon mustard

Directions:
1. Melt bacon fat in a skillet (I use cast iron).  Add seasoned (with sea salt & pepper) chicken to the skillet and cook on medium until browned on both sides.  Then transfer chicken to a roasting dish.
2. Add onions, wine, and broth to the same skillet. Scrap down any leftover chicken chunks into the sauce. Simmer and reduce about a half.
3. Add mushrooms & cream and bring to a boil.  When you get a nice sauciness, stir in the Dijon mustard.  Pour the sauce over the chicken in the roasting pan.
4. Put into a preheated oven at 450 degrees and cook for 20 minutes.  Serve with my favorite kale salad
5. Enjoy! :-)
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...