Monday, September 16, 2013

I am guest posting for myself!

By night I am a blogger, 
but by day I'm something completely different.
I am a behavioral neuroscientist.
This means that basically I research how the brain interacts with our environment, and how our environment may impact our brain and behavior.
(You can read about my career path and choices here and here)
Specifically I am interested in the toxic AND beneficial aspects of stress (yes believe it or not some forms of stress are actually good for you!)
As a professor at my university we have to post on the schools blog twice a semester, so I'm guest posting for myself today!
Head on over to hear me briefly chat like a nerd!
Just as a common courtesy reminder: the blog I am referring you to is conducted through my professional institution; please keep your comments professional.  If you would like to bash me, please do so here :-)
Blogger by night
Happy Monday folks!
xoxo Darby

10 comments :

Jessica Reyna Brogan said...

Your work sounds so interesting! I wish I could sit in on your classes.

Lauren said...

Your "school picture" is too cute! I bet your school webmaster will wonder why they are getting so many more clicks on today's post versus all the others :)

Jessica K said...

I love it! :)
Those pictures are awesome, and I would love to dissect a sheep brain! I only got to dissect a frog - BORING! And I love Lauren's comment about the webmaster! Hahaha

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

That's interesting!

Love your by night/day pics.

Meg O. said...

I feel so cool that such a smart lady is my friend. You go, girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Domesticable said...

I love nerds. I'm a nerd too. Great professional blog post.

Rachelle @ Inner Loop Adventures said...

Whoa, your job is SO COOL! Thanks for sharing you work blog post!

Sarah said...

Wow, I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog this evening.

What a fascinating career you have! I'm heading over to read more about your career path now! ;) Woo! Can't wait to follow along!

Whitney said...

How awesome! You are such a smart lady. I'm so proud to know you!

Kelsey said...

Knowing you're a science nerd by day makes you even more awesome :) I just wanted you to know that! Keep up the good work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...