Friday, September 13, 2013

Just Cruising Along

I know that on Monday I posted about the fall…..and yes I’m totally stoked about it.  But in light of that discussion, this post may seem a little ironic, or even backwards.  Don’t hate that I’m all over the place lol

The Mr and I are celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary at the end of this year.  For our honeymoon we spent a week on Montreal, Canada and it was nothing short of spectacular.  However, that was our last vacation.  SIX YEARS AGO!  It is waaaaaayyy past time to go on a trip with my hubby, and we have decided that this year we are going to skip the holidays and take a cruise.  Neither one of us has taken a cruise before but we’ve always wanted to experience a cruise, so we’re giving it a shot.  b7ed38480b08e3409c9170d6f6c71b2a
This is where YOU come in :-)  What do I need to do to prepare for a cruise? What do I need to pack? What are the best cruise lines? How long is just long enough to be on a cruise? Do I schedule excursions via the ship or book them ahead of time on my own? How much extra cash should I bring with me? Will I get tired of being on a ship? How do I deal with the water and motion sickness?

I admit I have a bazillion cruise questions, but here are some of the things I have been longing for in a vacation for the past six years:
a good book in the sun,Summer Book Reading
new swim suits and summer fashion in December,Cruise Fashion
sunsets over the water,8519dedde41fedda54c90c1ef8b88116

cold tropical drinks with chunks of fruit in them (preferably with an umbrella as well)107f73d0faaf01da03f64a1eec572d3f

and lots of naps in the sun :-)Cruise  Sun Bathing
b99b0b41796ec89908e314cd29bd0747
I think these cruise thoughts are going to propel me through the semester :-)
What else do I need to do to prepare for our trip?
What else should I be looking forward to?
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...