Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: Fellow Bloggers

People who are not bloggers may not understand the blogging community, and may even find it to be rather unusual.  But I would beg to differ; I truly think otherwise. 
In my few years of blogging I have met some of the most amazing women and made some of the most lasting friendships (see Joy’s visit from Alabama here) that I would not have had if I hadn’t been a blogger.
This is what blogging is all about:58125_4818195943318_1580202556_n
It’s about bringing people together.
Finding a networking and connecting with others.Collage 1
Meg ~ ME ~ Meg ~ Whitney ~ Bre ~ Jennifer
I am so grateful for the women I have met through blogging who have become more than just “blogging buds” but friends IRL (in real life).  We do more than just blog, we are friends who care for and encourage one another.Collage 2
Whitney ~ Meg ~ Amy ~ Selena ~ Bre ~ BreMeg ~ Valerie
This passed Sunday I went to my monthly meetup with my Houston blogging friends and it just reminded me about how grateful I am to have my friends.  Had it not been for these women I’m not sure I would have developed into who I am today.  You all have all played a vital role in my growth as a woman, sister, wife, professor, and friend. 
Thank YOU for being so awesome! 
If you have not reached out to other bloggers in your area I highly encourage you to; it’s been such a wonderful blessing in my life.15252_4818193663261_1684110152_nThank you Meg for being our awesome resident photographer!!!
xoxo Darby

14 comments :

Meg Cady said...

LOVE YOU SWEET FRIEND!!!!!!!

Meg O. said...

DARBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're totally making me tear up over here! You seriously are one of the sweetest girls I think I have EVER met. Having you as a friend means so much to me and I am so thankful for our little network of amazing bloggers. I love that we get together and just TALK and bond, and rarely do we ever talk about blogging! Looking forward to this summer - maybe we can meet more and drag all the teachers who are on break to lunch or something!

Nadine Lynn said...

Look at all those blogger friends! Love this post. I am thankful for our little group of Alabama Bloggers that we have going, and of course Joy! Who would have thought when you start a blog that you would have connected with so many wonderful people?!

Erin Reissig said...

Love it! I've been thinking about finding a local blogging group. Sometimes I feel a little out of touch with the blogging world and I think a local group will help round things out in that aspect. Go you for being brave, meeting new people and putting yourself out there!

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

This makes me smile. :) Sad I missed it but looking forward to the next meet-up!

Joy said...

I'm thankful for YOU!!! And miss you like crazy!!! We are going to have to do something about all these miles that are between us! Love you!!

Catherine said...

So glad we got to meet! And that I now know another Delta Zeta! Looking forward to many more blogging meetups!

Life in the Heights! said...

Love you sister and I cannot wait to see your beautiful face again soon!!! Blogging rocks and so do you!!! XOXO

Amy @ A Glimpse of the Gouglers said...

Such a sweet post! So happy to have met you and become friends through our blogging journey :)

applesandglue said...

Meg sure did take some gorgeous pictures of everyone, huh? :)

Jessica K said...

SO sad I wasn't able to make it, but I am sooo excited to not only see you again, but meet other fabulous women in the area! Blogging is a great community, and its even better to meet them in real life!

Breonna said...

I love how we get together and talk like we've known each other forever. I guess because we all do so much communication throughout the week thanks to BLOGGING! (and twitter/facebook/instagram) It's great. I'm so glad to have met everyone.

Lauren said...

SO SO good to meet you in person! I'm definitely looking forward to going to more of these in the future, and you are so right - you get so much more from this hobby when you take a step to reach out to other bloggers. Messages like that are what got a (reformed) lurker like me to join in!

Eliza said...

This is so sweet! Blogging really is a great way to bring people together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...