Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Christmas in February

My dad sent me 2 of my Christmas gifts a couple weeks ago that I couldn’t fit into my suitcase back at Christmas (apparently I packed too many shoes- oops!). My dad gave me a handheld blender that I have heard so many wonderful things about from fellow cookbook bloggers & a quesadilla maker. As soon as I opened the large package I was planning what I was going to make.

First I used my Wand (this is what I call my handheld blender) to make strawberry-raspberry smoothies. They were delicious! I will admit, I was so scared that I was going to have smoothie everywhere since there isn’t a top, but there wasn’t a single pink drop anywhere. Do you have one of this nifty kitchen gadgets? I’m new to the wand world, so please post your recipes that you use your wand with.

Ready for some wand magic!
Next I made some pork BBQ quesadillas. This quesadilla maker is so much fun (and oh so easy!).
I love the chili pepper handle; it’s so festive.
To add some kick, I used some habanero cheese & jalapeno tortillas.
These were fabulous quesadillas. I see many more in our future. I loved getting these treats in the mail! Thanks Dad!!!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...