Monday, June 18, 2018

The Small Things: June 2018

If we were to go for coffee, either in a coffee shop by ourselves or around my kitchen table, what would I tell you?  I would share with you about the small things in my life that are just making life easier or more joyful.
recap: January ~ February ~ March ~ April ~ MayThe Small Things- Life with the Hawleys
Last month, I shared bathroom products that I loved........I want you to know that I'm shaking my head at myself as I write this.  I wrote about a squeegee?!?!  Oh goodness.  Let me turn this ship around.

I attended my first homeschool conference at the beginning of the month and got a chance to sample some products.  I was introduced to Kwikstix, and wow they are awesome.  I have already purchased a full set for our home and a full set as a gift.  Kwikstix are ....hmmmmm..... kind of like paint in glue stick form.  They are not dot markers, but actual paint in the form of a glue stick.  BUT you don't need to add water, and it dries within sections.  No water. No mess. Dries fast.......all of that sounds great, but they're also WASHABLE, and nut, egg, & gluten free, and of course, non-toxic.  This is like the only craft supply you need!  My kids used the red, white, & blue to make fireworks as we're studying America & getting ready for the 4th of July.DSC_0289DSC_0316DSC_0325Kwikstix 1 Life with the Hawleys
I also took a dive into water beads.  I've heard of water beads before but never tried them with my kids.  Let me tell you: they are so much fun!  Water beads are like little seeds that expand with water.  You put a tablespoon of them into 3 cups of water and they grow.  They feel so neat in your hand and are really so fun.  We used this in our homeschool to learn about measuring.  I gave my kids measuring cups and spoons and we used the beads to measure.  These smooth water beads encourage so much sensory play and my kids have asked to play with these everyday for almost a month! These water beads are eco-friendly, non-toxic, & reusable.   51Zdrmf8zML61jmndxhvBL._SL1001_


Between the Kwikstix & the water beads lately we have had so much fun creating and learning.  What new products have you come across that we might also like?
Obligatory Blogger Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this review; I just really like these products.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...