Monday, April 4, 2016

From Micah

You know, I was late last year, so why should this year be any different?!  At least this year I’m getting to it in March oops it’s April now, instead of July.  Oh who cares lol
 
I know that a lot of people, probably women mostly, like to pick an official Word of the Year.  This serves as like a theme or some mantra that they try to work on or default back to throughout the year.  Maybe we do this instead of resolutions? Maybe this is a type of resolution? I don’t know, and I guess it really doesn’t matter.
 
Last year I was praying and instead of the typical mantra of things like: better organization or planning, more quality time, or more efficient self-discipline……God gave me a different word….PERSEVERANCE.  To be completely honest, this word petrified me.  It made me think that something bad was going to happen and I just wasn’t ready for it. Especially since I knew we were trying to have a baby and we had already lost a child, I obviously didn’t want to lose another one; this word really rocked me.  I had no idea what this word really meant.  Last year my relationship and spiritual maturity grew as I clung to the word.  I kept going back to Hebrews 12:1 and 1 Peter 5:7.  What I learned was that Perseverance doesn’t have to be a bad word.  It doesn’t have to mean “wait for the next bad thing to happen”.  Instead, as a Christian because we know we will face more struggles, it means to cling to the Lord, to maintain and nourish my relationship with Christ, to enjoy the moments that we are living in right now, and to focus on the blessings we have already been gifted.
 
So this year I waited again to hear from the Lord and I didn’t get a word…..I got an entire verse.  This is not a new verse to me, but one I am very familiar with from my childhood.  I have even done art projects with Dutch referring to this verse.  This year, God pressed the spiritual weight of Micah 6:8 on my heart.
Micah 6-8
 
The last sentence in that verse is so important.  It is imperative that I let my feet demonstrate my priorities.  Others, whether it be strangers, my husband, or my children, will see how I live my life and it is crucial that I live a life that demonstrates a life abundantly full of love because of Jesus.  I have to begin with the end in mind.  How do I want to see 2016 end…..or even more at “the end”, is how do I want the end of my earthly life to be seen?  I pray that how I live my life is a reflection of this verse to act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with my God.  
 
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...