Friday, September 25, 2015

Teeny Peep Bumpdate- Week 22

22 Weeks
Oh wow, check out those cheeks!  Growing face!!!
Date: 9/19/15
How far along: 22 weeks

Fruit-size comparison: A papaya
Developmental milestones: Teeny Peep’s eyes have formed but still lack pigment in the iris.  She is developing a 12-12 sleep cycle about now.  I can tell she wakes up in the afternoon and is very active at night.  This might be a sign that she will have her nights and days mixed up when she arrives.
Maternity clothes: Yep….I think this will be the same for the rest of the pregnancy ;-)
Weight gain: I think I’m up about 2.5-3 lbs.  I have an appointment this week so I will get the official read out then. 
Stretch Marks: I've got plenty of kisses from heaven from carrying Dutch.  I applied lotions and such daily with that pregnancy, but to be honest I don't think I'm even going to try to prevent future stretch  marks.  I absolutely love these badges of honor and I'm so proud to wear them.
Sleep: Oh yes.  I’m sleeping good and loving it!
Best moment of the week:  This week was a great week, but I think the best part of the week was sharing the news that Teeny Peep is a girl.
Movement: She is definitely moving more, and her movements are becoming even more predictable.  Her kicks and punches are still very gentle.  However, based on her location being so very low right now, I can tell that these kicks are going to be very painful when she gets stronger.  Sometimes she kicks me now and I can feel the sharp pain of kicking my bladder ripple through my entire body and even into my teeth.  That isn’t very often, but I can tell that soon it will be painful.  I felt her flip head-down this morning but I don’t think she stayed that way. The Mr. has also now felt her bumping from the outside, and we can see her moving around.  She is always kicking the left side of my belly button.
Cravings: Wow I think what they say about sweet cravings with a girl must be true!  It is so hard for me to say "no" to Kirklands european cookies with Belgian chocolate and mocha frappuccinos.  Like so.hard.
Gender: Teeny Peep is a girl!
Belly button: It’s getting very flat, and a part is beginning to poke out :-)
Wedding ring: On, and my hubby had it cleaned for me, so it's extra sparkly!
Anything making you queasy/sick: Nothing!
What I miss: Still babywearing Dutch.  I was given a mesh sling to carry him in and he seems to like it, but I’m hoping to find a woven wrap so that I can carry him on my back.  Does anyone know of someone looking to pass theirs on?
What I’m looking forward to:  I have another doctors appointment this week & I’m so looking forward to hearing how our little girl is growing.
Labor signs: Nooooo! Thank goodness!
Symptoms: I guess it is about time to say this, but I finally feel pregnant.  Throwing up multiple times everyday for 19 weeks didn’t make me feel pregnant (just sick), but now I feel pregnant.  I think mostly because my belly is getting bigger causing me to get worn & out of breath quickly.  I wouldn’t say I feel bad though, I really do feel great, but I do feel pregnant.  I feel Teeny Peep moving all the time and it is just a really enjoyable (but slow moving) part of pregnancy.
Nursery: There isn't going to be a new nursery.  We plan on having Dutch and Teeny Peep share a room.  It's not that we don't have the space; we do have another bedroom, but we would like our kiddos to share a room when they are younger.  We're thinking this will be a great opportunity to continue building character with our children.  And to be honest, Dutch didn't move into his nursery until he was eight months old, and even then only for a few hours a day until he was 11 months old, so the new baby will probably stay in our room about the same amount of time and then we will do a transition of some sort.  Of course we don't know what it is like to have two children and exactly what it will be like, but this is how we think we are going to try to start.
Emotions: Joy and excitement all week.  A much better and balanced week compared to last week.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...