Monday, January 17, 2011

Boots

I just love boots; they are my favorite type of shoe. You can wear them for all occasions: formal & informal. You can wear them all day & not worry about your feet hurting. I have only had 2 pairs of “black leather boots” in my life: one pair I got in 8th grade, which I wore for 10 years, & a pair I got in 2008. I wore these boots into the ground. I had the heels replaced frequently; in fact, so often that it would be cheaper to just buy new boots. This was the reason for my boot excursion last weekend, that & the fact that I was growing a hole in the bottom of one.

Here are the boot requirements for last weekend’s shopping excursion:
Toe: I like a toe that isn’t pointy OR squared OR round .....but something in between.
Style: I like tall, black leather boots that stop just below the knee. I already have ankle booties, so I didn’t want that, but I’m also not looking for a boot that goes over the knee. Whenever I see someone wearing above-the-knee boots they look like a super hero to me. I cannot stand in front of a lecture hall of 300+ students dressed as a super hero!
Heel: I don’t like flats or chunky heels or wedges. I like stiletto heels that are at least 3 inches tall. (I mean, come on, my husband is 6’7, you can’t blame me for only wearing tall shoes.)
Design: I like a little detail, but not something tacky or gaudy. I want something that is simple, classy, & will cross trend lines (because clearly I wear my boots for a long time, I don’t want to have to keep buying them to stay in fashion). I was also looking for a zipper.

So would you consider me to be boot picky? YES!

Last weekend I had my unsuccessful boot excursion, & then this past week was just a bad week (and when I say “bad” I mean just plain rotten- see previous post). Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. By Thursday it was predictable that everything I tried to do was going to go awry. Friday, when I got home I sat on the couch to just take a moment to process the week....when the doorbell rang. I went to the door & this is what was waiting for me: Not only a boot that met every picky requirement I had, but was also my favorite shoe brand!

Now, who do you think, knew about my shoe hunt, knew my shoe size, knew my favorite shoe brand, & would have the most perfect timing? I am on very lucky girl. Thank you!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Ashley Smith said...

who got you the boots?? phil??

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Yep! Doesn't he hav great taste!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover