Friday, October 2, 2009

French Potato Salad

This was the latest dish I cooked from the Cookbook Club. This was such an easy recipe and it turned out great (not to mention it required minimal mess). Though I will say that my version of this dish does not look as pretty as Ina’s does on page 140. So far I have yet to follow a single recipe as published in the cookbook. I somehow always come up with something different. For this recipe I didn’t have the scallions so I just used a small amount of yellow onion that I already had. I reduced all of the spices because it just looked like too much for our taste buds; reduced to: dill ½ tsp, parsley ¼ tsp, ¼ tsp basil, and 1 tsp of salt at the end. I served this dish cold, because I really wanted to give the potatoes time to soak in all of the flavors. As mentioned in a previous post on the Cookbook Club Blog, this is the perfect picnic dish because there is no mayonnaise in it!
French Potato Salad (page 96)
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...