Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Texas Caviar

'Tis the season for picnics & dips. Am I right or am I right? ;-) Here is a whopper of a dip for you! I never had this until moving to Texas (much like jalapeno poppers), but let me tell you, I am a believer now hehe  Too good (and too easy) to spend your life without, I promise!  The only trick to this recipe is that you should make it 24 hours before you need it, so that the flavors can marry.  I just know you're going to love this one.  Try it & tell me what you think :-)Texas Caviar- Life with the HawleysFrom the Kitchen of Darby Hawley
Ingredients:
2 15 oz cans black eyed peas with jalapeno
1 29 oz can petite diced tomatoes
2 15 oz cans whole kernel corn
1 yellow pepper, diced small
1/4 of a red onion, diced small
2-3 green onions
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
16 oz bottle zesty Italian dressing (this can be a generic brand)
(you could half this recipe and still have enough, but if you're having a party or something go with the full recipe)

Directions:
1. Drain beans, tomatoes, & corn.
2. Mix everything in a bowl & refrigerate (for 24 hours if you can resist).
3. Serve with chips. I told you this was going to be easy ;-)
4. Enjoy!DSC_0461
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...