Friday, August 10, 2018

Back To School Muffins

I hate to even address it, but we all know what is right around the corner.  Yep, it's that time of year when the school buses are testing out their routes & the back to school shopping has commenced.  We all want to start out on the right foot this school year, so a great breakfast that is healthy, tasty, & fast to make is essential.  I want to share this recipe with you because my kids are going through these muffins faster than I can make them.  They are great to make ahead and freeze, so those fast mornings before school starts are not as crazy.  I can't tell you how surprised I was with the flavor of these muffins despite being so good for you.  These are GLUTEN FREE and DAIRY FREE! Please try these with your afternoon coffee & then pack your freezer with them before school starts.  I promise you will thank me!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup cashew butter
1 ripe banana
2 eggs
1/4 cup raw honey
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 tbs ground flaxseed
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees & spray your muffin paper wrappers with cooking spray in your muffin pan.  This recipe will make 12 regular size muffins.
2. Put all ingredients into a blender and mix just until the batter is smooth.  Pour the batter into each muffin cup, until it is about 3/4 full.
3. Bake for 12-14 minutes (In my oven they are perfect at 13 minutes.) Wait until muffins have cooled to freeze.
4. Enjoy!

xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...