Friday, January 26, 2018

Glow In The Dark Fun

I REALLY want to claim this idea as my own, but I can't.  I want to, but I can't.  Right before Christmas I realized that I forgot to get gifts for the kids stockings, so I text my bestie, "Quick, I need ideas for educational stocking stuffers!!!"  And this BRILLIANT idea is what she suggested:Glow in the Dark Practice- Life with the HawleysHawley Homeschool
She told me to get the kids glow in the dark duck tape & flash lights (I got this one & this one).  Then using the box that these arrived in, I wrapped the duck tape (I used 3 rolls) around a piece of the cardboard.DSC_0794DSC_0796
As a craft, the kids got to help me make this & now we use the flash lights to "write" our letters & numbers, to draw shapes, & practice sight words.  Not only has this been fun for handwriting & recognition, but it's also been fun to quiz each other (Dutch likes to be the teacher for me).  This affordable & easy craft turned into something fun that we could use over & over again.

DSC_0875DSC_0878

During this winter or on a rainy day when all you want to do is curl up under a blanket & snuggle with your little one, bring this for some educational fun.  Not only was this a great stocking stuffer, it would be a really fun birthday gift for your favorite toddler.  Because, I don't know about you, but I think my toddlers pretty much love flash lights lol

How awesome is this?! Can't you see what I want the credit for this; so brilliant!  See it's times like these when my bestie ALWAYS pulls me through the holidays!!!  I'm SO grateful!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...