Monday, June 19, 2017

Summer Pasta {Upgrade!}

Okay, I posted a picture on Instagram and Facebook a couple weeks ago & y'all went cra-zay! I got soooooo many requests for this recipe!  Truth is, I have already shared this recipe with you (4 years ago lol), BUT since then I have made several amendments.....so today I'm sharing the recipe from the picture I posted recently... and I've got to say "recipe" loosely because this is so free and loose.....my summer pasta UPGRADE!Fresh Summer Pasta- Life with the HawleysFrom the Kitchen of Darby Hawley
Ingredients:
1 lb chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tbs bacon fat
1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped finely
sea salt & black pepper
2-3 tbs EVOO
2 cups multicolored cherry tomatoes, diced into quarters
2-3 tbs (more) EVOO
1.5 tbs (more) fresh oregano, finely chopped
2 tbs fresh basil, finely chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
pinch of sugar (I used coconut sugar)
sea salt & pepper (more)
frozen or fresh tortellini
Asiago cheese, shredded or grated
DSC_0388-2[4]
Directions:
1. Marinate chicken in oregano, EVOO, salt & pepper for a couple hours.
2. In a separate bowl, marinate your tomatoes in EVOO, oregano, basil, garlic powder, sugar, salt & pepper for a couple hours.  I promise this is going to make your kitchen smell delicious!
3. Boil tortellini according to package instructions, and then drain.  As your pasta is cooking, saut√© chicken in bacon fat over medium-high heat in a skillet (I use cast iron) until nicely browned.
4. Toss cooked pasta with the marinated tomatoes and top with chicken. Garnish with fresh asiago cheese.
5. Enjoy!
DSC_0329
xoxo Darby

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...