4 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
1 whole Fryer Chicken
½ whole onion, diced
½ cups carrots, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbs butter
1 lb mushrooms, sliced
2 cups burgundy wine
1 lb fettuccini
2 tbs butter
salt and pepper
1. Saute bacon pieces in a large skillet over medium low heat until fat is rendered. Remove bacon from the skillet and set aside. Increase heat to medium.
2. Salt fat site of chicken pieces, then place chicken, fat side down, in skillet and cook in bacon grease until both sides are nice and golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside in a 2-quart baking dish, skin side up.
3. Saute onions, carrots and garlic in bacon grease until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Remove from grease with slotted spoon and set aside.
4. In a separate skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until golden, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
5. Layer half of the bacon pieces, carrot/onion mixture, and mushrooms in pan with chicken.
6. Drain grease from the large skillet, then place over medium heat. Pour in 2 cups Burgundy wine, using a wire whisk to scrape loose all the burned/brown bits. Lightly salt liquid and allow to cook for 3 minutes. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 1/2 hours.
7. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and toss with 2 tablespoons butter.
8. Serve chicken in a pasta bowl with noodles, sprinkling minced parsley over the top. Spoon juice from baking dish over the top of everything.
Recipe adapted from Pioneer Woman