Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: Holiday Books

Y’all know me, and you know I’m a holiday person. 
Furthermore, I love the ‘ember months (months that end in “-ember”).  They just make me so happy.  I love all of the festivities, activities, food, and fashion of this season. 
It is my hope that Dutch grows to share this love of the holidays with me.  When he gets older I want him to be able to look back at his childhood with fond memories of how much fun we had with the holidays.  I have started purchasing festive clothes and music to go along with our decorations.  The teacher in me has started stocking up on festive books for us to read.  Here is what I have purchased so far

Thanksgiving books:
The Night Before ThanksgivingI Know An old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie
 The Berenstain Bears and the Prize Pumpkin - 'Twas the Night Before ThanksgivingThanksgiving Childrens Books

Christmas books:
The Berenstain Bears' Night Before Christmas - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - The Littlest Christmas Tree
The Christmas Story - A Charlie Brown Christmas - The Berenstain Bears' and the Nutcracker 
(and not pictured: Christmas in the Manger and Happy Birthday Jesus!)
Christmas Children's Books
There are still some classic books that I’d like to get for him, like The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, The Polar Express, etc. But since money doesn’t grow on Christmas trees this was where I had to stop lol
 
To be honest, purchasing these books reminded me of my youth and how much fun we had during the holidays.  I remember reading a lot of these books with my family and in school.  I hope Dutch will have these memories one day too!
 
What other holiday books would you recommend that I add to our list for Dutch?
 
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...