Friday, February 7, 2014

Little Peep Bumpdate {23 weeks}

23 weeks collageDate: 1/29/14
How far along: 23 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: A grapefruit (finally, a familiar fruit lol)
Developmental milestones: Little Peep's face is fully formed, just waiting on the fat to fill him out. His cochlea (where auditory hair cells are located in the inner ear) have completely formed now and he is listening to me and my heartbeat; but also, to outside sounds (i.e. music, people talking, the pups barking, etc.).  Little Peep can also feel me moving and dancing :-)
Maternity clothes: Yep, leggings are still my favorites.  In fact, I think I’m starting to wear the two pairs that I have out 
Weight gain:  Whenever I gain weight, it comes on first in my face, and I feel like my face is definitely growing.  The Mr. commented to me about how pretty I look when I mentioned that I was starting to feel like I was growing, and that he loved my belly….. it seriously made my night!
Stretch Marks: I think the ends of my previous stretch marks are darker, meaning, they are growing (my stretch marks are stretching? lol).  I have 3 on my left hip and one on my right hip.  Like I've said before, I really don't care about this; it's just part of my body's story.
Sleep:  No complaints here
Best moment of the week: I have been waiting to feel Little Peep kick during a lecture and he finally did on 2/3.  It was so sweet!
Movement:  He is definitely becoming more and more active, but still isn’t aggressive or painful in his activity.  Thank you Little Peep, mommy appreciates that!
Cravings: Nothing that I can really think of
Gender: He is going to be a dapper young man :-)
Belly button in or out: I think I have pretty deep innie naturally (TMI?) and I can definitely tell that it is getting more shallow.  The Mr. keeps checking to see if it has popped yet. I think this is so cute that he is on the look out.  I know he is going to be excited when he finally finds that it has popped.
Wedding ring:  On
Anything making you queasy/sick: Still mouthwash in the evenings
What I miss:  Nothing
What I’m looking forward to: We ordered Little Peep's crib last Saturday and you'd think I was expecting Publishers Clearing House at our door any minute.  I am tuned in to every truck that passes the house and I'm stalking the website and tracking number.  I can't wait for it to arrive!
Labor signs: Nope, and I'm totally okay with that!
Symptoms:  Still just the back aches and heartburn, but those are minor and I can totally live with it.  I think I might be starting to feel like I look pregnant.  I know there has been a bump there for a while and visually I can see it, but now it is starting to feel like there is a bump there.
Nursery: Is underway! Projects are being crossed off the list quicker than I thought they would be (thank you hubby).  The Mr. built some shelves and I made some pillows over the weekend.  I think we only have a few more little things to do (and paint), one major project, and one major purchase and we’re done!!!
Emotions: Joy for the most part, but I am also starting to feel that push to still get as much accomplished here at the house and at work before he arrives.  I have a bazillion lists everywhere of things we need (“need” I acknowledge is seriously a relative term here) to get done.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...