Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: Dry Bar

So many of you have commented on my hair from our announcement photos.  Please know that I NEVER look like that!  With the combination of a fabulous photographer and an awesome hair stylist I actually look presentable!  It’s like they had magic wands or something ;-)

Back in September I won a gift card to Dry Bar from Greetings from Texas (thank you Megan!!!).  I was so excited but knew I wanted to wait for a perfect opportunity….thankfully I only had to wait 6 days!  If you know me that felt like eternity.  (FYI- don’t send me a present and expect me to wait until my birthday or Christmas; it’s not happening).Dry Bar 1
The Dry Bar is a salon that only does blow outs; no colors or cuts or perms!  They wash your hair (which feels ah-maz-ing) and then blow it out into a style of your choice.  What I thought was so clever was that each style is named after an adult beverage (get it, baaaaaarrrrrrr?!?!! See told ya, super clever).  For example, beachy waves are called the Mai Tai, and big volumous hair is called Southern Comfort. I got a cross between these two.  Each blow out is $35 and takes about 45 minutes from beginning to end.DSC_0288DSC_0289
So when you arrive you’re greeted with a drink and a cookie and then a stylist takes you to his/her chair to discuss what you’re wanting that day.  The chairs are set up to look like an actual bar.  Behind the bar (where normally would be a bar tender and alcohol) are TV’s playing, get this, chick flicks……ALL.DAY.LONG! (insert girlie squeal here).  During my blow out I watched the end of Bride Wars and the beginning of Clueless.DSC_0293DSC_0291
I had a blast and will definitely look forward to doing this again in the future.  It was a perfect way to prep my hair for the photo shoot; very fun and relaxing.  There are several locations and I recommend looking Dry Bar up to see if one is near you, especially with all of the fun Christmas parties on the horizon!!!!  Thank you Megan for this gift!
Obligatory Blogger Disclaimer: I was not paid for this post; I just really like the Dry Bar.

13 comments:

ari @ whatarisaid said...

Oh my goodness, that is so neat! I have never heard of that place before, I want to go! Wait, I probably need a reason to go first. :p

Cari said...

how fun!!! I dont think we have any around here!! :(

Lauren said...

I've heard of Drybar and think it would be so fun to go to, but I don't think there are any close to me. The closest is a few hours away, I think. Glad you had such a good time. Your hair looked great in your photos :)

http://choosingjoy7.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

There are so many awesome places like that but I haven't had a good reason to check them out yet. Sounds like a great experience, though, and your hair looked great!

Nini Kat said...

I was so excited when I saw the dry bar where I live! I thought it was too fancy for me but for cookies, drinks and Clueless, it sounds worth it :)

Meg O. said...

OMG I'm so jealous. I want to go to dry bar sooooo bad!!!

Jessica K said...

I've always wondered about these. To me - you described my heaven! Hahaha! What a great idea!

Brooke @ Pieces of the Reese Life said...

I want to come just to go there! I am totally sold! Sounds amaze!

Xo, Brooke

Whitney H said...

They just opened another version of this in The Woodlands called Blo and it was so awesome!! I went last Friday. Good for you for pampering yourself!

Kellyn Fleming said...

This sounds like the best afternoon fun ever! Maybe more fun than the occasion you may be getting ready for! haha Maybe we can do this one time when I am in Houston!

Nadine Lynn said...

I heard another blogger talking about Dry Bar and I thought it was sort of silly but you make it sound so fun! Plus you looked totally cute in your pictures and now I want to go!

Rachelle @ Inner Loop Adventures said...

I have wanted to go to Dry Bar for a while now. But my hair is on the shorter side so I'm afraid it might not be worth the money. I guess it's worth it just to be pampered though :)

Joy said...

I need to find one of these and try it out asap! I love it when someone else plays with my hair!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover