Friday, November 22, 2013

Little Peep Bumpdate {Weeks 8, 9, & 10}

8 week collage
Date: 10/16/13
How far along: 8 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: We've got a raspberry this week :-)
Developmental milestones: Our raspberry is developing taste buds this week!
Maternity clothes: Not wearing them, but have purchased some when I see sales so I'm ready.  I've also purchased 2 belly bands to help me put off maternity clothes as long as possible.
Weight gain: Well as of my Dr. visit last week, 2 lbs (I better be careful here!)
Stretch Marks: Nope, but with my genes I'm certain they are coming.
Sleep: I sleep hard, but I always have.  I am still getting up 2x a night for a potty break.
Best moment of the week: Last week we saw our little one’s heart beat.  It was by far the sweetest moment the Mr. and I have ever shared.  There were no words, just loving glances exchanged and streams of tears as we stared at the most beautiful black and white image we've ever seen.
Movement: haha no! By according to thebump.com that will start this week (not that I will feel it, just that it will happen)
Cravings: Not really, I want everything and nothing at the same time.
Gender: It's a girl or a boy  (obviously).
Belly button in or out: Innie
Wedding ring: It's on
Anything making you queasy/sick:  E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!
What I miss: N-O-T-H-I-N-G!
What I’m looking forward to:  Our appointment last week was really exciting (as stated above), but it was also a little scary.  Our doc is worried with how small our little one is for as far along as we are.  She said that this is most likely due to all of the hormones that I was taking in order to conceive, but she is still a little worried.  She wants us to come back in to be assessed in a couple weeks to make sure that the baby is in fact growing.  So yea this concerns me tremendously, but I'm still anxious to receive the results.  I'm just putting this in God's hands: there is absolutely nothing I can do anyways.
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: Nausea and exhaustion.  Last Monday (10/7/13) was probably the worst so far: I had muscle aches and nausea and I felt like I had the flu.  It seems to come and go and typically doesn't happen while I teach; I love the distraction!
Nursery: Have not put too much thought into this
Emotions: I'm so happy!  Everything in my life seems so beautiful!  Oh I do think I had my first mood swing last Friday though (thinking back to it now makes me laugh- mood swing much? LOL) I was in a faculty meeting that I though was supposed to be next week so I was already thrown off, and I had to pee so bad but I didn't want to miss anything.  I almost started crying because I felt so torn.  I've never cried at work, but this was certainly as close as I've ever gotten. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no picture this week, shame on me!
Date: 10/23/13
How far along: 9 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: A green olive :-)
Developmental milestones:  Our baby is about an inch long and its heartbeat is now audible, and gaining facial features that resemble a human....and less of an alien.  This is always a good thing lol
Maternity clothes:  Oh Maternity clothing inventor, I love you!  You have changed my life and I just might wear maternity pants for the rest of my life.  This may change, but for now, I heart you!  My belly bands arrived and they are working miracles for me.
Weight gain: Still only 2 l-b’s
Stretch Marks: Nope, but with my genes I'm certain they are coming.  I started using Bert's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter to hopefully defy my genes. The Mr. asked me why I was even gunna try, and I told him with the most serious face I could muster, “The best defense is a strong offense.”
Sleep:  I sleep like a rock!  I still get up twice for a potty break but that doesn't bother me.
Best moment of the week:  We had multiple good moments this week!  Over the weekend we had our pregnancy announcement photos taken and it was the most special photo shoot we've ever had.  The last time we got our pictures taken was in 2009, so we were definitely do for some pictures, and with a baby on the way, what better time?!  Our photographer, and my bestie, took so much care of us and captured this moment in our lives so perfectly.  I cry with glee every time I look at these pictures!  (see photos here) Another great moment this week was my sister arriving in Houston last night.  This was the first time I had seen her in over a year and a half!  I have missed her so much, and we got to surprise her by telling her she was going to be an aunt.  Such a precious moment!!!
Movement: Not yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to a few weeks when I do feel those little flutters
Cravings: Not really, I want everything and nothing at the same time. I know that doesn’t make any sense!
Gender: It's a girl or a boy  (obviously).
Belly button in or out: Innie
Wedding ring: It's on
Anything making you queasy/sick: Not really.  I just try not to get hungry.  I eat many small meals during the day, and as long as I don't get hungry I do pretty well.    I have cut back on ginger ale and saltines by doing this.
What I miss: Nothing
What I’m looking forward to:  This weekend my sister and I are headed to NOLA for a sisters weekend.  Her work sent her to Houston this week and NOLA next week so I'm going to tag along with her for more time with the sweetest sister in the world.  I can't wait to take her to all of my favorite restaurants and boutiques!  (read about our trip here) Also we have our next ultrasound on Monday, I'm really looking forward to seeing how much our baby has grown in the past two weeks :-)
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: I am moving super slow.  My muscles still feel weak, you know, like when you have the flu.  I was trying to clean for my sisters arrival yesterday and just pushing the vacuum felt like lifting weights (now please consider the fact that the only rug we have in our house is only 11x14, so not big at all and I was exhausted after vacuuming.)  To dust, vacuum, and sweep, would normally only take about an hour for our house.  Yesterday it took me close to 3 hours and I still couldn't finish.  The Mr. had to help me because I just had to take so many breaks.  I feel borderline pathetic lol (yes I know there is a baby in my oven and I don't need to over do it)
Nursery: Have not put too much thought into this
Emotions:  Joy, I am absolutely and completely filled with joy, and I can't help but smile continuously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10 week collageDate: 10/30/13
How far along: 10 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: The cutest prune on the planet!
Developmental milestones: Our baby is starting to swallow and grow finger nails and hair.  His/her vital organs are functioning and cartilage has formed and baby is kicking away.
Maternity clothes: How I love you!  I'm still rocking my belly bands or looser clothing during the day, but I switch to maternity leggings when I get home at night. These pants rock my world.
Weight gain: I have actually lost all of the weight I had gained, which is shocking because of how much I am eating LOL
Stretch Marks: Not yet, but I know I'm doomed, but I really don't care if I have those trophies or not (I don't think of them as battle scars).  I am using my Bert's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter to help control the trophies but I'm not holding my breath.
Sleep:  I am in love with bed time.  I look forward to it from the time I wake up.  When I get up to go to the rest room (2-3x a night) I'm pretty sure my eyes don't even open; I’m a zombie hehe
Best moment of the week:  This past week was a big one for sure.  On Friday I received an unexpected package from my dear friend Joy, and it was a Steelers onesie, bib and booties.  I was sitting there on the floor next to the couch when I opened the package and as soon as I saw it, I went face down into the couch crying.  It was the first baby gift we received, the first thing hanging in our baby's closet, it was what we have always dreamed of.....bring our baby home and doing life together and teaching him/her about football and everything else.  It was the sweetest most thoughtful gift; we are so grateful for our friendship with the Sowells!  Also last weekend Kellyn and I went to New Orleans for a sisters weekend.  It was a great weekend of talking, shopping, and discovering New Orleans.  We had a blast and I'm so grateful that we finally got time to just be us.  I can't wait for our next trip (which Kellyn so keenly pointed out, might include a baby next time).  On Monday we had our follow-up appointment with the doctor.  It was by far our best appointment in the past 3.5 years.  The doctor had nothing but good things to report!  We got to see the baby dance all over the screen and everything is measuring on track....actually now we're one day ahead.  The baby did A LOT of growing over the past two weeks and we are SOOOOO thrilled.  Our next appointment isn't for a month (the day before Thanksgiving).
Movement: I can't feel it but we definitely saw it on Monday (10/28)  The baby was dancing around so much that the doc was having a hard time taking the heartbeat measurement.  I have never seen sweeter dance moves than our baby on Monday.  The Mr. says Little Peep gets these moves from him, and he is probably right ;-)
Cravings: Not really, I want everything and nothing at the same time.
Gender: It's a girl or a boy  (obviously).  We are certain it's a boy.  The old wives tale on heartbeat prediction of gender would say that we are having a girl because the baby's heartbeat was 168 on Monday. We just have to wait and see :-)
Belly button in or out: Innie
Wedding ring: It's on
Anything making you queasy/sick: Smells.  I am like a basset hound and smell everything.  Any strong smell sends my heaving.  My number one yuck-o is mouthwash.  I just can't take it.
What I miss: You know I always told myself that I would never fill in this line, because for so long we prayed to conceive and I am so joyful especially knowing how long it took us and knowing that there are still thousands of women who long to be where we are.  (Our story of infertility can be found here) It's hard for me to say anything selfish or negative because it makes me feel ungrateful & guilty.  So I have to say first, that I know that we are blessed and I know we have a miracle, and to be honest I don't miss anything, not one single thing even compares to the joy we have with this baby.  But if I look at my human nature I have to be honest, I found myself saying "I miss..." twice this week.  Both times it took me by complete surprise!  The first was saying that I miss coffee.  I still drink coffee from time to time (according to the literature, and yes of course this neuroscientist goes straight to the peer reviewed journals NOT anecdotal discussion boards online; pregnant women can safely consume up to 200mg of caffeine a day which is the equivalent of one cup of coffee), but I miss having it everyday and all day long.  I just love coffee.  The other thing is that I miss is staying up late to work.  I really love my job and I love serving my students, but I'm finding it harder and harder to stay up late.  Now I know I'm not failing at my job, I'm just not killing myself to be exceptional anymore.  I would say on a scale of 1-10 I work at a 12; I like being everything I can be and more (blame it on my perfectionistic nature).  Now I would say I'm at about a 9.  I'm not horrible but my body is just not letting me work extra hard.  Phew that was more winded than I intended. oopsies
What I’m looking forward to:  This week we are telling my parents and making our news public with our friends (and of course social media).  I cannot wait to hear/read everyone's reaction :-)
Labor signs: Nope, and I'm totally okay with that
Symptoms: Fatigue mostly.  I'm just so tired.  I feel like my body has the flu and my muscles are just so weak and achy.  I'm also starting to show a little, most people probably can't tell and think I've had one too many burgers, but the Mr. and I can definitely tell.....and so can my pants LOL  The waves of nausea have slowed down and I'm so grateful for that!
Nursery: Have not put too much thought into this
Emotions: Joy, pure joy fills my heart on a daily basis.  Our home is filled with the hums of continual praise.  We are so blessed with this miracle and we know exactly where it came from, HIM!!!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...