Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday: Trips and Treasures

Last weekend the Mr and I went antiquing with our BFF’s.  If you’re new around here, we like to do this (Mr likes good deals, I like future DIY projects, and we both love great company).  We haven't been antiquing since Easter weekend, so I went with a list; us girls were prepared to shop :-).  I love walking through everything; it’s so pretty to me #saideveryshopperatheart.
There is something about getting out of the city, as soon as we hit the dirt roads every little stressor just fades away.  It’s practically paradise.Warrenton- 1Warrenton- 2Warrenton- 3Warrenton- 4
If you follow me on Instagram you already saw what we brought home with us, but if not, we brought back a gorgeous bistro chair (that I saw at Pottery Barn for $269, but I got for $70), and a great new bookshelf for the office for $55.  We also got a hand-carved double rocker for the backyard.  I love sitting outside with my hubby and our coffee in the morning.  So perfect!e0428fde28a211e3b93122000aaa04c4_7
I think we’re already ready to go back lol
xoxo Darby

8 comments :

Joy said...

I'm mad you didn't buy those old Christmas lights!!! Ha!

The Bradleys said...

We absolutely LOVE antiquing!! I used to live near two antique markets that would pop up during the week, it was so much fun looking around, even if we didn't buy anything.

Meg Cady said...

ahhhh my favorite activity!!!! I LOVE your purchases and am drooling over those tins--they are my new obsession (I may be using them for a possible upcoming event haha)

Rachelle @ Inner Loop Adventures said...

It IS so much fun to leave the city behind sometimes. Heading out to the country reminds me of living in Kansas and always rejuvenates me! Where did you go antiquing? It looks like there was tons of stuff to choose from!

Jessica K said...

I love it - and love the fact Mr. likes it too! :)

Lauren said...

Did you go to Round Top? I want to check that out one day but I have no idea how to go about doing it. It sounds so fun!

Bree said...

Whatt where did you go? It looks amazing!

Jennifer Leible said...

I love antiquing! I wish I could do it every day!! I think I was born to be a picker....if only that could really happen! Love your pics!! Was this the Round Top/Warrenton antique weekend?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...