Friday, August 23, 2013

Beadboard Island {DIY}

DSC_0116-2Since the original reveal, I’ve posted about how to paint your cabinets, install hardware, and how we updated our light fixtures, and faucet.  Once everything was updated, the Mr. thought our island looked “naked”.  I had to agree that him; it looked unfinished.  So we decided to add some beadboard.  This was so easy and so cheap and so fast to do!  It literally took us him 15 minutes to add to the island!  DSC_0001-2DSC_0087-2
We purchased 1 sheet of beadboard from Lowe’s for $20, and it was more than enough to cover the three sides of our island.  I cannot take any credit for this project; this was ALL my husband!  He measured, cut, nailed the board into place, and added the trim.DSC_0088-2
The Mr. had two very intense supervisors!DSC_0090-2DSC_0105-2DSC_0103-2DSC_0116-2
It doesn’t look naked anymore!
Do you love beadboard?
What have you made with it?
Have a great weekend y’all!
xoxo Darby

12 comments :

Jessica K said...

Man! Looks awesome! He did a great job! And so did his assistants!

Miss MP said...

I'm a big fan of beadboard-- I think it really gives a polished look. That island almost looks like its a built in and not on wheels.

smk053078 said...

I am still so amazed by the kitchen transformation!! You guys rocked it! And that bead board definitely adds the finishing touch! We did the same thing in my little girl's room and it made a world of difference!

Jennifer Leible said...

I <3 beadboard! I want to add it to my laundry room!

Lauren said...

I had no idea what beadboard was til, like, a year ago. It looks great, though!

Bri Buzali said...

I am just in love with your kitchen makeover and can't get over the fact that y'all did it by yourself! I can't wait to have my own place one day to do a bunch of DIY projects!

Robin said...

I love how the dogs are trying to help! Cute.

Lauren said...

I have never heard of bead board, but seeing it on your island, I love the way it looks! Such a simple change but it makes a huge difference :)

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

You guys are such pros!

Ashley R said...

I love it. Your work blows me away!

sherri lynn said...

This looks so much better! I love the way bead board looks and it really transformed your island! You guys are amazing at DIY projects- you're quite the team!

Durga Nannapaneni said...

Looks great Darby. I would like to do the same to my kitchen island, could you please elaborate on what you did on the edges to cover the cuts? Is that where you added trim? Could you please send me a link for the trim. TIA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...