Sunday, March 27, 2011

In Case We Forget

I love monogram & have my initials everywhere I possibly can. What can I say? I’m so thrilled to be a Hawley :-) Remember when I posted the Pedestal Birdhouse I said to ignore the ‘H’? Well, you don’t have to ignore it anymore. I distressed the ‘H’ the exact same way I did for the birdhouse & placed it on the opposite side of the mantle.

Here is the ‘H’ after it was stained (I used a walnut stain). After I painted it white, I used sand paper to distress the wood. Just to give you a point of reference, in this picture, the top half is distressed & the bottom half isn’t. The completed ‘H’ on our mantle.

I really like shabby-chic décor, & coupled with monogram, I think this distressed monogram is a time-less & season-less home accent. Don’t you? If nothing else, décor aside, we will always be reminded by the ‘H’ that we are Hawleys.
Happy Sunday from the *Hawleys*!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...