Sunday, November 28, 2010

Date Night at Home

Back in October (yes, I’m quite a bit behind on my blogging... I'm trying to catch up), Phil surprised me one evening for dinner. He told me that we were going out to eat, so I started getting ready- this is a very detailed process for me, as I’m sure you all know. When I was finally ready, Phil locked the door, we took a few steps on the porch toward the car, & then he said, “We’re here!”….this had me perplexed to say the least. We came back inside where Phil sat me in the dining room & instructed me to close my eyes. When I opened my eyes, this is what I saw:
No, I can't read any of these things either. I don’t know if you remember this, but I posted about my spring goals in March, & learning how to make sushi was one of them. Time had gotten away from me, but it hadn’t slipped the mind of my sweet husband. We spent the evening in the kitchen cooking a ton of sushi; we had a blast!

Making our own rice (we had to put it on the coffee table to dry under the fan).
Hawley Tuna Maki
...we made several styles of maki
Nigiri
We made a lot of sushi & had such a great time learning how to make it. Sidebar- We also got to use the special chopsticks my sister sent us from China.
This was an awesome date night....and we didn't even have to leave the house :-)
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...