Friday, August 6, 2010

Foodies

It’s been a couple weeks since I have posted any new recipes, so here is what has been going on in my kitchen:
Peach cupcakes- Take that, Sprinkles cupcakes! I put peaches in
the middle and in the icing

Phyllo Mushroom Bundles (PW)- I didn’t get to taste one, but I think they were good.

Croque Madam Casserole (Paula)- Such an easy, yummy, and “healthy” French meal!

“Pam”-cakes with homemade honey syrup (SL)- I decided to try pancakes in my skillet again, since it has had some time to season. This time was so much better than the first; I actually got to enjoy them without the fear of having to explain myself to the Fire Dept.

Pierogis- This is a traditional northern meal that Phil has been asking for probably since we got married; I finally caved-in. They’re a lot of work & never look as pretty as the ones you can buy in the store, but are pretty tasty. I made a full batch, but split half of the dough for dinner (the traditional mashed potato pierogis) & the other half for dessert (strawberry pierogis with left over icing from the peach cupcakes). Me rolling out the dough, stuffing, and then closing the pierogis:

Pierogis & Strawberry peirogis:

xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...