Friday, July 28, 2017

Chipotle Salsa

I can't even believe this, but I've never made salsa.....at least I can't remember ever making it.  I've made pico de gallo & guacamole thousands of times but never salsa.  Salsa isn't hard or even costly to make, so why haven't I ever made it?! I figured that I better change that.... STAT.  Well let me tell y'all, this recipe is not your ordinary salsa.....this one has got some kick to it.  So if you like heat, this is the salsa for you :-)Chipotle Salsa- Life with the Hawleys 1
From the Kitchen of Darby Hawley
Ingredients:
16 oz plum tomatoes (whole or diced)
1 large onion, diced
6 cloves of garlic
7.5 oz chipotles in adobo sauce (only use 1/2 the can first, you can always add more if you want later)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
juice from one lime
1 tsp raw honey
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1.5 tsp sea salt

Directions:
1. Preheat your broiler.  On a cookie sheet, place tomatoes (drained but reserving the juice for later), onions, and garlic. Broil for 15 minutes but stirring every 5 minutes to make sure everything gets soft.
2. Scrape the contents of the cookie sheet into a blender, along with the rest of the ingredients plus 1/2 cup water & the drained juice from the tomatoes.  Puree & then let sit for 30 minutes before serving.
3. Enjoy!DSC_0546Chipotle Salsa- Life with the Hawleys 2
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...