Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Squooshi Truth

Okay.  Here it is.

I’m a control freak.  I have to know every. single. thing. my kids eat.  The neuroscientist in me knows that everything that enters our bodies has an effect, positive or negative, on our health and I just want to make sure everything that they eat is good for them.  My kids have never had purchased baby food, and before you close this post here me out… it’s not because I think they need everything organic or I’m super crunchy or something like that (though I wish that was the answer lol).  It’s because I’m a control freak.  Lots of those baby food pouches you just can’t see what’s inside!  I know you can read the label to know the ingredients but you still can’t see the food. That just weirds me out.  I want to be able to see the food before I give it to my kids.  So because I’m a control freak, I make my own food pouches.  I’ve been making these for two years now and I want to share them with you today.  I use these fun Squooshi pouches because they are reusable and dishwasher safe.  Being able to put the pouch in the dishwasher is a MAJOR plus!  Kale & Berry Yogurt Pouches
At the beginning of the week I puree kale, berries, and greek yogurt.  Then I pour it into the food pouches and store them in the fridge.  Throughout the week if the kids want a snack or we’re on the go, I just pull these out and everyone is happy. I love that I can make sure they get the freshest food (and TONS of kale) and that I know exactly what they are eating.DSC_0722DSC_0742DSC_0734
Have you all tried these pouches?!  If you haven’t tried these Squooshi pouches I highly recommend them!
What other tricks do you use to make sure your kids are getting all of their vegges?
Obligatory Blogger Disclaimer: I was not paid for this post.  All opinions are 100% my own.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...