Lo mien noodles
1 lb chicken tenders, chopped into 1 in pieces
1/2 cup dry quinoa
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tbs EVOO
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 bunch kale, chopped
2 carrots, shredded
1/4 tsp ground thyme
1/4 cup EVOO
1 tsp raw honey
2 tbs rice wine vinegar
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp ground ginger (or 1 tbs fresh ginger)
1 tsp chili oil
1 tsp sriracha sauce
1. Cook lo mien noodles according to their package instructions and put into a big bowl.
2. Grill or saute chicken tenders seasoned with salt & pepper.
3. Combine quinoa & coconut milk and bring to boil over high heat. Then like you would make rice, reduce the heat to low, cover and gently simmer until quinoa is tender and all of the coconut milk is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Remove quinoa from heat & put the bowl with the lo mien noodles.
4. Heat garlic & EVOO in a pan and then add the mushrooms and cook until tender. Stir in the thyme & pepper. Then put the mushroom mixture in the bowl with the quinoa & lo mien.
5. In the same pan that you cooked the mushrooms, saute kale & carrots until the kale is wilted but still a nice pretty green. You might need to add another tbs of EVOO. Then add the kale and carrots to the bowl with the lo mien, quinoa & mushrooms.
6. Top the bowl with the pieces of chopped chicken.
7. Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a mason jar and pour over the bowl. Mix and serve!