Monday, December 14, 2015

What If You Knew?

Maybe it's because I'm expecting this Christmas? Or maybe it's because I am caring for a tiny toddler this Christmas?
 
I've heard this song before, but never have the words resonated with me as much as they have this Christmas.  Can you imagine what it would have been like to be Mary?  A virgin who was pregnant out of wedlock, a huge no-no of the time, and not just with-child, but carrying the Savior of the world?! Talk about pressure!  I remember the weight of responsibility that sat on my shoulders the first time I found out I was expecting, but my kid is far from the Savior.  I can't imagine what went through her mind when angels came to deliver the news to her.  And kissing the face of God?! Rocking the Savior of the world back to sleep?!  Birthing the Great I am?! Wow!
 
Dear Lord, thank you for giving Mary the spirit of patience and grace.  Please help me to carry those characteristics as a mother, and to be intentional in my parenting to point my children back to Christ. Amen.
 

xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...