Friday, November 20, 2015

Teeny Peep Bumpdate- Week 30

30 Weeks
Date: 11/14/15
How far along: 30 weeks

Fruit-size comparison: A cucumber
Developmental milestones: Her brain is getting nice and wrinkly…..this is where we all want wrinkles!  She is about 3 lbs now which is just so crazy to think about; she’s growing so fast!
Maternity clothes: Still a mixture of both maternity and my regular clothing.
Weight gain: I think I’m up a couple more lbs.  I am going to guess that I’m +13 or +14 lbs since my pre-pregnancy weight.  I have an appointment this week so I will have an official weigh-in to report on.
Stretch Marks: I've got plenty of kisses from heaven from carrying Dutch.  I applied lotions and such daily with that pregnancy, but to be honest I don't think I'm even going to try to prevent future stretch  marks.  I absolutely love these badges of honor and I'm so proud to wear them.
Sleep:  I’m sleeping great this week.  I can fall asleep without a problem and stay asleep except for when I need to use the restroom (3-4 times a night) and then I’m immediately back to sleep.  I’m cherishing these nights filled with sleep.
Best moment of the week: 1- This week The Mr. was talking to Teeny Peep through my stomach and we were feeling her dance around in response to his voice.  It was so cool to watch them continue to get to know each other.  Watching my husband as a father makes me fall more in love with him every day.  I never thought when I married him that I could love him as much as I do now.  I thought that I loved him a lot on our wedding day, and I did, but not this deeply.  Seeing him in the role as a dad who is thriving and loving on his children makes my love for him deepen more than I ever could have imagined. 2- Dutch finally graduated from his infant car seat.  We were waiting on him to reach either the weight or height limit and he finally did.  So we now have his big boy car seat AND Teeny Peep’s car seat installed in the vehicles.  WHAT?!
Movement:  This girl is busy tumbling around.  She does a lot of rolling and you can see big body parts moving on the outside.  You can also feel where she is in my stomach: there are harder spots and softer spots. So it is easy to tell where Teeny Peep is and where fluid is.  It is the craziest feeling to have another being do cartwheels in your body.  Dutch was never like this; he was more relaxed and had gentle kicks.  Teeny Peep is gentle but she does full body movements, and she also has the hiccups at least once a day.
Cravings: I think my cookie cravings have tapered off and there isn’t really any one thing that I’ve just got to have.  I like to eat in general these days (which probably explains the big weight gain this week), but nothing in particular.
Gender: Baby girl!!
Belly button: I love my new outtie :-) 
Wedding Ring: Still on and not feeling tight yet thank goodness
Anything making you queasy/sick: Nothing except how long my to do list is growing ahhhhh!
What I miss:  Nothing
What I’m looking forward to: I know I say the holidays every week, but it’s true, and I really am.  But, also this week I’m looking forward to our appointment to check-in on Teeny Peep.  I’m hoping to get a good look at her and I’m praying she flips head-down soon.
Labor signs: I had more Braxton Hicks this week, and my chest has already started producing colostrum, so I know that my body is getting ready for this baby.
Symptoms: I’ve definitely started gaining weight, and I feel it mostly in my face but my bump is getting in the way now too.  I’m running into things a lot because I forget how far my stomach sticks out.  My body is beginning to get more creaky.  The Mr. has been so kind to give me a back and a foot massage every night for the past week.  I think he feels sorry for me with all my waddling by the end of the day.
Nursery: There isn't going to be a new nursery.  We plan on having Dutch and Teeny Peep share a room.  It's not that we don't have the space; we do have another bedroom, but we would like our kiddos to share a room when they are younger.  We're thinking this will be a great opportunity to continue building character with our children.  And to be honest, Dutch didn't move into his nursery until he was eight months old, and even then only for a few hours a day until he was 11 months old, so the new baby will probably stay in our room about the same amount of time and then we will do a transition of some sort.  Of course we don't know what it is like to have two children and exactly what it will be like, but this is how we think we are going to try to start.
Emotions: I feel full, my heart is full.  Typically during this season I’m so joyful, and I would say that this year is no different.  My heart is completely jam-packed with joy, but I’ve also got some new feelings that are cooking on the back-burner.  Realizing that we are about 10 weeks away from meeting Teeny Peep has me getting very excited but very very anxious.  I have so much to do and we are not at all prepared.  It’s finally hitting me that we are bringing a baby home really soon, and I’ve got like 2 months to get this house together.  I don’t feel like I’m having mood swings or anything like that, I’m still joyful, but I am aware of some back-burner emotions.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...